Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jun 10, 2013
5:32:10 PM
Blocked title

some of the titles on my list keep saying "Blocked title" and when i play them, the app crashes. I thought it might be a HDCP thing, since it seemed to mostly happen on hbo recordings, but then i noticed a fx recording (archer) was doing the same thing to. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Running windows 8, all my drivers are updated. The playback support app did find a few errors, but it seems to work fine on all non hbo/fx channels. 

some of the titles on my list keep saying "Blocked title" and when i play them, the app crashes. I thought it might be a HDCP thing, since it seemed to mostly happen on hbo recordings, but then i noticed a fx recording (archer) was doing the same thing to. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Running windows 8, all my drivers are updated. The playback support app did find a few errors, but it seems to work fine on all non hbo/fx channels. 

Blocked title

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 6:57:51 AM
(0)
Expert

I don't know the source of your problem.  I do note that HBO puts on some restrictions as to HDCP.  If it were me, I'd try temporarily disabling the firewall and virus program on my computer then see if a problem program would play.  I'd also look at my DVR setup and assure that there were no X's in any program classification.  These are long shots but I'd think worth a try.

I don't know the source of your problem.  I do note that HBO puts on some restrictions as to HDCP.  If it were me, I'd try temporarily disabling the firewall and virus program on my computer then see if a problem program would play.  I'd also look at my DVR setup and assure that there were no X's in any program classification.  These are long shots but I'd think worth a try.

Re: Blocked title

2 of 3 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 3:34:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

"Blocked Title" usually means that the program exceeds the current rating limits set on your DVR.

The first thing I do when I start up DIRECTV2PC is click on MENU and then UNLOCK the receiver.

"Blocked Title" usually means that the program exceeds the current rating limits set on your DVR.

The first thing I do when I start up DIRECTV2PC is click on MENU and then UNLOCK the receiver.

Re: Blocked title

3 of 3 (28 Views)