Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2013
8:42:15 PM
View profile
[BUG] DTV2PC (build 7507) DisplayPort not recognized as valid connector

I am running (well, attempting to run) DTV2PC on an otherwise capable system but the playback stops after a few seconds with an error message indicating that the connection to the displays are not recognized. The Playback Advisor indicates that it is unable to detect HDCP. Both of these are untrue --- all [three] displays are connected via DisplayPort and do have valid HDCP via this connection. DTV2PC should recognize the EDID and availability of HDCP on these displays (WQHD). No KVM or switcher (direct connection from GPU to monitors)

Config:   Asus Z9PE, 2xXeon E5-2630, 64GiB DDR3, 3xGTX770 (16x), Windows 7 amd64_fre EN_US (updated with SP)

Is there a "better" place (e.g. Cyberlink?) to report a bug like this?

Thanks!

I am running (well, attempting to run) DTV2PC on an otherwise capable system but the playback stops after a few seconds with an error message indicating that the connection to the displays are not recognized. The Playback Advisor indicates that it is unable to detect HDCP. Both of these are untrue --- all [three] displays are connected via DisplayPort and do have valid HDCP via this connection. DTV2PC should recognize the EDID and availability of HDCP on these displays (WQHD). No KVM or switcher (direct connection from GPU to monitors)

Config:   Asus Z9PE, 2xXeon E5-2630, 64GiB DDR3, 3xGTX770 (16x), Windows 7 amd64_fre EN_US (updated with SP)

Is there a "better" place (e.g. Cyberlink?) to report a bug like this?

Thanks!

[BUG] DTV2PC (build 7507) DisplayPort not recognized as valid connector

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 9:32:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

does it happen when you try to watch different recordings? or just one recording from the hd dvr? because some channels use HDCP, which cannot be watched on Directv2PC.

does it happen when you try to watch different recordings? or just one recording from the hd dvr? because some channels use HDCP, which cannot be watched on Directv2PC.

Re: DTV2PC (build 7507) HDCP Issue --- BUG REPORT

2 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:20:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ah, yes of course --- it wasn't actually complaining about the HDCP (that

was the Player Advisor complaining that it could not detect it)... heh

maybe I should re-title this Anyway, the player fails because it is

not recognizing DisplayPort as a "valid" connector type. I've attached a

screencap of the actual error message. AFAIK, the broadcast news isn't

protected content ... that's the whole reason I chose it since I recalled

having issues recording (digitizing) protected content a while back over

HDMI (using BlackMagic gear)

DirecTV wouldn't happen to have a "full on" RVU client for Mac OS (pref) or

Windows (if I have to) does it?

Thanks!​

Ah, yes of course --- it wasn't actually complaining about the HDCP (that

was the Player Advisor complaining that it could not detect it)... heh

maybe I should re-title this Anyway, the player fails because it is

not recognizing DisplayPort as a "valid" connector type. I've attached a

screencap of the actual error message. AFAIK, the broadcast news isn't

protected content ... that's the whole reason I chose it since I recalled

having issues recording (digitizing) protected content a while back over

HDMI (using BlackMagic gear)

DirecTV wouldn't happen to have a "full on" RVU client for Mac OS (pref) or

Windows (if I have to) does it?

Thanks!​

Re: DTV2PC (build 7507) HDCP Issue --- BUG REPORT

3 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:58:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Can you post a link to the screen capture of that error display?

I have no issues using the DisplayPort output on my HP Elitebook laptop PC.

Can you post a link to the screen capture of that error display?

I have no issues using the DisplayPort output on my HP Elitebook laptop PC.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: [BUG] DTV2PC (build 7507) DisplayPort not recognized as valid connector

4 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 9:25:17 AM
(0)
Expert

The Display Port did not work with Directv2PC when Dell began offering it.  As far as I know, it has never worked.  It appears to me from the many posts I've responded to in this regard that the software is looking for a HDMI handshake and of course, the Display Port does not offer one.

The Display Port did not work with Directv2PC when Dell began offering it.  As far as I know, it has never worked.  It appears to me from the many posts I've responded to in this regard that the software is looking for a HDMI handshake and of course, the Display Port does not offer one.

5 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 12:51:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, well I thought for sure that I attached it... meh!   Smiley Happy  Anyway, here's a link to the full res (WQHD) snappy in my public DropBox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10523534/SCAP.png

I do wonder if there's anyway to hack it so the app thinks its talking via HDMI? (Similar to the way EDID can be munged; it has to be making some API call that can hopefully be intercepted)

Ok, well I thought for sure that I attached it... meh!   Smiley Happy  Anyway, here's a link to the full res (WQHD) snappy in my public DropBox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10523534/SCAP.png

I do wonder if there's anyway to hack it so the app thinks its talking via HDMI? (Similar to the way EDID can be munged; it has to be making some API call that can hopefully be intercepted)

6 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 5:40:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I don't have a direct answer or claim this to be helpful but there seems to be a lot of hdmi to hdcp discussion on the net. Do a "hdmi handshake hdcp" sent search to find them.

I don't have a direct answer or claim this to be helpful but there seems to be a lot of hdmi to hdcp discussion on the net. Do a "hdmi handshake hdcp" sent search to find them.

7 of 8 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 5:00:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

It has always worked with my Dell XPS L702X's display port adapter. I use a display port -> DVI converter cable.

It has always worked with my Dell XPS L702X's display port adapter. I use a display port -> DVI converter cable.

8 of 8 (39 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments