Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Feb 11, 2014
9:01:48 AM
View profile
whole home connection

I have whole home direct tv. In one room I have hr20 dvr and in another room I have a hr24 that they just sent me because the other receiver went bad, now my two receivers don't see each other.  If both connect to the network should they connect where I can see the recordings on both tv?

I have whole home direct tv. In one room I have hr20 dvr and in another room I have a hr24 that they just sent me because the other receiver went bad, now my two receivers don't see each other.  If both connect to the network should they connect where I can see the recordings on both tv?

whole home connection

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 9:05:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Which receiver did the HR24 replaced? What was the model number?

The HR24 has DECA built in so there shouldn't be anything connected to its Ethernet port and it should have just a coax going to its satellite input with nothing inline

Which receiver did the HR24 replaced? What was the model number?

The HR24 has DECA built in so there shouldn't be anything connected to its Ethernet port and it should have just a coax going to its satellite input with nothing inline

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: whole home connection

2 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 9:06:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

Make sure there are no "Devices" attached to the back of the HR24, an example would be a DECA, make sure you dont install it on the HR24 since it already has one on built inside.

Make sure there are no "Devices" attached to the back of the HR24, an example would be a DECA, make sure you dont install it on the HR24 since it already has one on built inside.

3 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 11:58:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you very much, this worked great

Thank you very much, this worked great

4 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 12:59:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 1:02:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

This worked great thank you

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎February‎ ‎11‎, ‎2014 ‎11‎:‎06‎ ‎AM

To: Steve White

DIRECTV Technical Forums

whole home connection

reply from rolls in DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service - View the full discussion

Make sure there are no "Devices" attached to the back of the HR24, an example would be a DECA, you probably had one on the back of the HR20, but make sure you dont install it on the HR24 since it already has one on built inside.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service by email or at DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following whole home connection in these streams: Inbox

This worked great thank you

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎February‎ ‎11‎, ‎2014 ‎11‎:‎06‎ ‎AM

To: Steve White

DIRECTV Technical Forums

whole home connection

reply from rolls in DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service - View the full discussion

Make sure there are no "Devices" attached to the back of the HR24, an example would be a DECA, you probably had one on the back of the HR20, but make sure you dont install it on the HR24 since it already has one on built inside.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service by email or at DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following whole home connection in these streams: Inbox

6 of 6 (41 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments