Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2014
5:18:51 PM
genie remote freeze up

Be fast forward a show and try to stop to play again and remote doesn't respond, it jsut keep fast forwarding.  Change pages on Guide list and it freezes up.  No matter what you hit on remote the screen won't change or respond.  Yes have changed the batteries.  Sometime only way to get remote to work is take batteries out of remote, but that doesn't always work.  It is random when it freezes and random on the bottons on the remote.  Any help out there.

Be fast forward a show and try to stop to play again and remote doesn't respond, it jsut keep fast forwarding.  Change pages on Guide list and it freezes up.  No matter what you hit on remote the screen won't change or respond.  Yes have changed the batteries.  Sometime only way to get remote to work is take batteries out of remote, but that doesn't always work.  It is random when it freezes and random on the bottons on the remote.  Any help out there.

genie remote freeze up

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 6:49:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I bet you have an HR34, correct?

I bet you have an HR34, correct?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: genie remote freeze up

2 of 5 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 9:05:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

No I have HR44

Sent from my iPhone

No I have HR44

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 5 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 4:31:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2014 6:40:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks but I had try that and it didn't help. Odd thing is when it freezes up I use the directv app remote on my phone to unfreeze it It getting worse I see if they will get me a new one. I have only had it two months. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks but I had try that and it didn't help. Odd thing is when it freezes up I use the directv app remote on my phone to unfreeze it It getting worse I see if they will get me a new one. I have only had it two months. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

5 of 5 (15 Views)