Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jan 5, 2014
7:01:16 AM
View profile
channel switching to record a program

I have the genie and use clientc31-700 in 3 rooms with the server in another room. There have been a few times when wife watching a client and at say 9 pm her client says it has to switch channels to record a program. She freaks and yells to me, i check and only 2 programs are set to record so why does she have to switch channels? if she doesn't and ignores it it forces the switch to the channel that is recording. I thought we could have a total of 5 streams with this system? what gives?

I have the genie and use clientc31-700 in 3 rooms with the server in another room. There have been a few times when wife watching a client and at say 9 pm her client says it has to switch channels to record a program. She freaks and yells to me, i check and only 2 programs are set to record so why does she have to switch channels? if she doesn't and ignores it it forces the switch to the channel that is recording. I thought we could have a total of 5 streams with this system? what gives?

channel switching to record a program

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 7:13:13 AM
(0)
Guru

You have 5 tuners to use for recording but you can only stream 3 out from the Genie.

You have 5 tuners to use for recording but you can only stream 3 out from the Genie.

Re: channel switching to record a program

2 of 3 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 7:15:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are the other clients ON? with a Genie a 3 clients all ON at same the time, you can only record one show at the same time. 

you are correct the Genie can have up top 5 streams, but every time a Genie clients comes ON, it takes away one stream

Are the other clients ON? with a Genie a 3 clients all ON at same the time, you can only record one show at the same time. 

you are correct the Genie can have up top 5 streams, but every time a Genie clients comes ON, it takes away one stream

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: channel switching to record a program

3 of 3 (0 Views)