Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 4, 2014
10:35:33 PM
View profile
TV Switches to Channel being Recorded

Why does my TV switch from a channel I'm watching to a channel that is to be recorded at the time recording begins ? If I try to go back to the show I was watching I have to cancel the recording or stay and watch the show I'm RECORDING. It never did this before and what is the purpose of recording a show if you are forced to watch it.

Is there a setting to change to allow me to watch one show while recording another ?

Why does my TV switch from a channel I'm watching to a channel that is to be recorded at the time recording begins ? If I try to go back to the show I was watching I have to cancel the recording or stay and watch the show I'm RECORDING. It never did this before and what is the purpose of recording a show if you are forced to watch it.

Is there a setting to change to allow me to watch one show while recording another ?

TV Switches to Channel being Recorded

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:53:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DVR do you have?  Look for label behind front panel access card.

Are both DVR tuners connected to your satellite dish?

Has this ever worked properly?

Have you tried resetting the DVR?

What model DVR do you have?  Look for label behind front panel access card.

Are both DVR tuners connected to your satellite dish?

Has this ever worked properly?

Have you tried resetting the DVR?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TV Switches to Channel being Recorded

2 of 7 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:56:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have an HR24-100 HD DVR No connections have been changed since March, 2012 install and it never did this until the last few days. I have not reset the DVR.

I have an HR24-100 HD DVR No connections have been changed since March, 2012 install and it never did this until the last few days. I have not reset the DVR.

3 of 7 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:58:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OK.  Then try resetting the DVR (red button behind front panel access card door). That should help.

OK.  Then try resetting the DVR (red button behind front panel access card door). That should help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 3:32:58 AM
(0)
Expert

After the reset you can check that the DVR is working correctly thus.

Open your "guide" and select any current program and press the record button.  Open the guide again and select a different current program and press the record button.  Then open your List and there should show two programs recording.

After the reset you can check that the DVR is working correctly thus.

Open your "guide" and select any current program and press the record button.  Open the guide again and select a different current program and press the record button.  Then open your List and there should show two programs recording.

5 of 7 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 10:28:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

The reset seems to have done the trick ! Thank you !

The reset seems to have done the trick ! Thank you !

6 of 7 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 11:00:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're welcome.  Enjoy!

You're welcome.  Enjoy!

7 of 7 (8 Views)