Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 4, 2013
10:03:19 AM
Sharing playlist of Genie and HD DVR

Could not find the answer anywhere else.  I currently have a Genie DVR, 2 mini, 1 hd, and 1 HD DVR.  All receivers receive the recorded programs from the genie except for the HD DVR.  I was wondering if it is separate or it is just not installed correctly. 

I can record from the genie and see the shows in any room but the HD DVR one.  Vice versa whatever the HD DVR records is only on the HD DVR and can not be viewed anywhere else.  Its like where the HD DVR is located is a separate room.  I would like to record from either the genie or hd dvr and watch it where ever. 

Genie setup in the man cave and HD DVR in the living room. 

Is there a way to share the programs between the genie and hd dvr or not?  If so what do I do or who do I contact?

Could not find the answer anywhere else.  I currently have a Genie DVR, 2 mini, 1 hd, and 1 HD DVR.  All receivers receive the recorded programs from the genie except for the HD DVR.  I was wondering if it is separate or it is just not installed correctly. 

I can record from the genie and see the shows in any room but the HD DVR one.  Vice versa whatever the HD DVR records is only on the HD DVR and can not be viewed anywhere else.  Its like where the HD DVR is located is a separate room.  I would like to record from either the genie or hd dvr and watch it where ever. 

Genie setup in the man cave and HD DVR in the living room. 

Is there a way to share the programs between the genie and hd dvr or not?  If so what do I do or who do I contact?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 4, 2013 1:18:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Actually figured this out on my own.  It seems at some point the wireless connection on the Genie went away.  I reconnected it and seem to have every show from both DVR's on every television in the house. 

Accepted Solution

Sharing playlist of Genie and HD DVR

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 12:26:03 PM
(0)
Expert

The Genie and the HD DVR are absolutely capable of sharing play lists with each other.  Look inside the card door and post back the model number of the HD DVR.  Then look on the back of the HD DVR and tell us what, if anything, is connected to the coax and/or Ethernet inputs of the HD DVR.

The Genie and the HD DVR are absolutely capable of sharing play lists with each other.  Look inside the card door and post back the model number of the HD DVR.  Then look on the back of the HD DVR and tell us what, if anything, is connected to the coax and/or Ethernet inputs of the HD DVR.

Re: Sharing playlist of Genie and HD DVR

2 of 4 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 4, 2013 1:18:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Actually figured this out on my own.  It seems at some point the wireless connection on the Genie went away.  I reconnected it and seem to have every show from both DVR's on every television in the house. 

3 of 4 (49 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 5:06:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Good troubleshooting.  Thanks for the update

Awesome.  Good troubleshooting.  Thanks for the update

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (49 Views)