Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 21, 2014
3:40:44 PM
View profile
Remote programming

Hello,

I just had my service installed today, so far very satisfied. However, I'm using a JVC MX-J900 for my audio output and I can't seem to get my RC71 remote to work with it.

I already tried the Menu-->Settings-->Remote Control-->Program Remote-->Program Audio Device, but it keeps telling me "There was an issue with programming your JVC Audio with your remote. You can try again or set it up later."

I've tried the "I don't know my model option" and I was also able to find the model MXJ900 in the JVC code list, but every time I still receive the same error message that I mentioned above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I just had my service installed today, so far very satisfied. However, I'm using a JVC MX-J900 for my audio output and I can't seem to get my RC71 remote to work with it.

I already tried the Menu-->Settings-->Remote Control-->Program Remote-->Program Audio Device, but it keeps telling me "There was an issue with programming your JVC Audio with your remote. You can try again or set it up later."

I've tried the "I don't know my model option" and I was also able to find the model MXJ900 in the JVC code list, but every time I still receive the same error message that I mentioned above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Remote programming

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 3:56:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The remote needs to be on RF before it can be programmed.

To set up on RF, Press and hold MUTE and ENTER for a few seconds until you see banner on the screen.  Once on RF, proceed to program as usual

The remote needs to be on RF before it can be programmed.

To set up on RF, Press and hold MUTE and ENTER for a few seconds until you see banner on the screen.  Once on RF, proceed to program as usual

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote programming

2 of 6 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 4:03:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, that worked! I can now control the volume using my JVC audio unit.

Should I leave the remote in RF mode?

Also, do you know how to turn ON/OFF the JVC audio unit with the RC71 remote?

Thanks again!

OK, that worked! I can now control the volume using my JVC audio unit.

Should I leave the remote in RF mode?

Also, do you know how to turn ON/OFF the JVC audio unit with the RC71 remote?

Thanks again!

3 of 6 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 4:37:49 PM
(0)
Professor

The RC71 doesn't have the codes to turn A/V receivers on/off it was never meant to control them.

If you have line of sight to the receivers you can use IR or just leave it in RF.

The RC71 doesn't have the codes to turn A/V receivers on/off it was never meant to control them.

If you have line of sight to the receivers you can use IR or just leave it in RF.

4 of 6 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 4:39:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, thank you for your response. At least it can control the volume, that's the important part for me.

Thanks again!

OK, thank you for your response. At least it can control the volume, that's the important part for me.

Thanks again!

5 of 6 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 6:33:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (101 Views)