Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2013
1:49:04 PM
View profile
Recorded show started 1/2 hour after guide showed the start time

I Set my hr44 to record PGA golf on Sunday and Monday. i noticed when I started watching today at 4:15pm that the show was already

in progress even though I was at the beginning. I checked the guide and it showed a 3 hr 30 minute recording with a start time of 2:30. I looked at the progress bar and it showed a 3 hr recording with an hour and 15 minutes recorded So far. So it started recording a half hour after the guide showed it's start time. I checked tomorrow's guide and it showed the golf beginning at 1pm. But the to do list said the recording would start at 1:30pm. I deleted the recording and then added it again and it now shows the correct time. So I've fixed it for now, but is there someone who can explain why  this happened? 

Sorry for the long story but I'm perplexed.

I Set my hr44 to record PGA golf on Sunday and Monday. i noticed when I started watching today at 4:15pm that the show was already

in progress even though I was at the beginning. I checked the guide and it showed a 3 hr 30 minute recording with a start time of 2:30. I looked at the progress bar and it showed a 3 hr recording with an hour and 15 minutes recorded So far. So it started recording a half hour after the guide showed it's start time. I checked tomorrow's guide and it showed the golf beginning at 1pm. But the to do list said the recording would start at 1:30pm. I deleted the recording and then added it again and it now shows the correct time. So I've fixed it for now, but is there someone who can explain why  this happened? 

Sorry for the long story but I'm perplexed.

Recorded show started 1/2 hour after guide showed the start time

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 3:07:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Recorded show started 1/2 hour after guide showed the start time

2 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 3:43:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

I Don't really think that's necessary. Especially since I'd lose several more minutes of the recording. I spoke to a friend who has an hr21 I think, and his didn't record the golf at all. I think it was a late guide change that messed things up. it didn't happen on any other recordings today.

I Don't really think that's necessary. Especially since I'd lose several more minutes of the recording. I spoke to a friend who has an hr21 I think, and his didn't record the golf at all. I think it was a late guide change that messed things up. it didn't happen on any other recordings today.

3 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 8:37:53 AM
(0)
Expert

Of course you wouldn't want to reset the DVR while it was recording, but if it were me I'd do a reset as soon as the DVR isn't busy.  A red button reset is benign and will fix a multitude of pesky problems given that the reset gives the receiver a "fresh start".

Of course you wouldn't want to reset the DVR while it was recording, but if it were me I'd do a reset as soon as the DVR isn't busy.  A red button reset is benign and will fix a multitude of pesky problems given that the reset gives the receiver a "fresh start".

4 of 4 (1 View)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments