Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 14, 2012
3:53:56 PM
View profile
Reconnecting to wireless internet

I have a whole home DVR with a HR24/100 receiver.  I was connected just fine to my linksys wireless router after install.  But I changed the name of my network(SSID) the other day.  After doing it and seeing how my iPhone disconnected and I had to reconnect because it no longer recognized the network.  I realized my receiver might do the same.  It did and I can't seem to reconnect it, even after changing my SSID back to the original name.  I've gone to the connect now screen and tried the wireless setup.  It finds my network but won't seem to connect to it.  I've reset the receiver a couple times and reset the router.  Even though the router is fine as it's working fine for all of our other devices.  Do I need to do it on the manual setup screen where you enter the ip, default gateway, subnet mask, and DNS?  Speaking of which those used to all have numbers in them, now only the IP and Subnet Mask are filled in.  Do I have to buy that kit I saw in another post or get an installer back here?  Thanks.

I have a whole home DVR with a HR24/100 receiver.  I was connected just fine to my linksys wireless router after install.  But I changed the name of my network(SSID) the other day.  After doing it and seeing how my iPhone disconnected and I had to reconnect because it no longer recognized the network.  I realized my receiver might do the same.  It did and I can't seem to reconnect it, even after changing my SSID back to the original name.  I've gone to the connect now screen and tried the wireless setup.  It finds my network but won't seem to connect to it.  I've reset the receiver a couple times and reset the router.  Even though the router is fine as it's working fine for all of our other devices.  Do I need to do it on the manual setup screen where you enter the ip, default gateway, subnet mask, and DNS?  Speaking of which those used to all have numbers in them, now only the IP and Subnet Mask are filled in.  Do I have to buy that kit I saw in another post or get an installer back here?  Thanks.

Reconnecting to wireless internet

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 5:52:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU ➜ SETTINGS & HELP ➜ SETTINGS ➜ NETWORK SET UP ➜ RESTORE DEFAULTS ➜ CONNECT NOW ➜ GET CONNECTED ➜ WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU ➜ SETTINGS & HELP ➜ SETTINGS ➜ NETWORK SET UP ➜ RESTORE DEFAULTS ➜ CONNECT NOW ➜ GET CONNECTED ➜ WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Reconnecting to wireless internet

2 of 7 (69 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:21:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

The CCK-W is something I have?  I thought that was something the installers used or had to be ordered for self installation.

The CCK-W is something I have?  I thought that was something the installers used or had to be ordered for self installation.

3 of 7 (69 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:31:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

since you mentioned SSID and SSID only involves wireless networking I assumed that you are using a wireless DECA to network your receivers.  how are your receivers connected to the internet?

there has to be either a DECA BB (which is wired) or a wireless DECA

Wireless CCK[4].png
DIRECTVDECABB1R0[27].jpg

since you mentioned SSID and SSID only involves wireless networking I assumed that you are using a wireless DECA to network your receivers.  how are your receivers connected to the internet?

there has to be either a DECA BB (which is wired) or a wireless DECA

Wireless CCK[4].png
DIRECTVDECABB1R0[27].jpg
Wireless CCK[4].png
DIRECTVDECABB1R0[27].jpg
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (69 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:34:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Never mind,  I found the CCK-W.   Did the reset and I'm connected again, thanks for the help.

Never mind,  I found the CCK-W.   Did the reset and I'm connected again, thanks for the help.

5 of 7 (69 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:46:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Enjoy!

Awesome.  Enjoy!

6 of 7 (69 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2014 3:41:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you, Very easy set up.

Thank you, Very easy set up.

7 of 7 (69 Views)