Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2013
4:16:14 PM
View profile
Re: Keep getting disconnected from wifi with whole home DVR

I am having the same problem with my HR23-700.  I also have a HR22-100 and HR24-200.  The 23-700 with disconnect from the wifi at least once a week.  However, it has 3 times in the last 24 hours.  Each time we have to go through the menu and reset the receiver. We have no other issues with the other 2 receivers disconnecting from wifi.

I am having the same problem with my HR23-700.  I also have a HR22-100 and HR24-200.  The 23-700 with disconnect from the wifi at least once a week.  However, it has 3 times in the last 24 hours.  Each time we have to go through the menu and reset the receiver. We have no other issues with the other 2 receivers disconnecting from wifi.

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 5:36:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

whanks, best to start your own new thread.  Please provide more details about your equipment (see the questions we asked dolphindave, but he chose not answer).   This thread has devolved into nonsense.

whanks, best to start your own new thread.  Please provide more details about your equipment (see the questions we asked dolphindave, but he chose not answer).   This thread has devolved into nonsense.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 5:34:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

Email dog911. I keep trying to respond to you. Let me know if your receiving these please. Do you not see all the post I made. I answered the questions that you have asked.

Email dog911. I keep trying to respond to you. Let me know if your receiving these please. Do you not see all the post I made. I answered the questions that you have asked.

3 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 9:36:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not sure how you're emailing me, dolphindave, but I've received nothing from you.  Just post your information here if you want our help.  Responses like the one got removed by the forum moderator won't win you much help here, though.

Not sure how you're emailing me, dolphindave, but I've received nothing from you.  Just post your information here if you want our help.  Responses like the one got removed by the forum moderator won't win you much help here, though.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 10:08:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

HR44-700. Disconnected hard wire.I have Comcast internet.  58.24 Mbps Download speed and 11.47Mbps download speed. Security update

HR44-700. Disconnected hard wire.I have Comcast internet.  58.24 Mbps Download speed and 11.47Mbps download speed. Security update

5 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 11:38:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Still need to be more specific, dolphindave ....

Besides the HR44-700, what are the model numbers of your other Whole Home DVR/Receivers?

How exactly is (was?) the HD Receiver/DVRs connected to your home network for WHDVR service?

Note that your Comcast Internet service has nothing to with Whole Home DVR sharing.  Ideally your Whole Home DVR/Receivers should be connected through a Cinema Connection Kit connected directly via ethernet to your home network router.  That will mitigate any flaky WiFi issues.

Still need to be more specific, dolphindave ....

Besides the HR44-700, what are the model numbers of your other Whole Home DVR/Receivers?

How exactly is (was?) the HD Receiver/DVRs connected to your home network for WHDVR service?

Note that your Comcast Internet service has nothing to with Whole Home DVR sharing.  Ideally your Whole Home DVR/Receivers should be connected through a Cinema Connection Kit connected directly via ethernet to your home network router.  That will mitigate any flaky WiFi issues.

6 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 6:03:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

What is a cinema connection kit? and where do I get it?

What is a cinema connection kit? and where do I get it?

7 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 9:23:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) essentially bridges the DirecTV DECA coax networking to your home ethernet or WiFi network for internet access.  Depending on your equipment model numbers, you may or may not need this, and it's not strictly required just for WHDVR sharing.  

You stated originally that you've had twenty service visits.  What exactly was done during those visits?   I would sure how that the DirecTV techs knew how your equipment should be connected to each other for WHDVR sharing. 

The Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) essentially bridges the DirecTV DECA coax networking to your home ethernet or WiFi network for internet access.  Depending on your equipment model numbers, you may or may not need this, and it's not strictly required just for WHDVR sharing.  

You stated originally that you've had twenty service visits.  What exactly was done during those visits?   I would sure how that the DirecTV techs knew how your equipment should be connected to each other for WHDVR sharing. 

8 of 9 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 10:33:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

That's what's frustrating. Shouldn't all these techs and supervisors know what you do? Why haven't they mentioned this? Happy New Year.

That's what's frustrating. Shouldn't all these techs and supervisors know what you do? Why haven't they mentioned this? Happy New Year.

9 of 9 (8 Views)