Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 12, 2010
11:09:20 PM
View profile
Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server.

"Playback Failed. No Audio/Video Data Packets Received From Server."

This is the error message I get when I'm trying to play a DVR event from my HD receiver.

My Model Number: H24-200

I already tried pressing the red button to reset, but that didn't help. Any solutions to this?

"Playback Failed. No Audio/Video Data Packets Received From Server."

This is the error message I get when I'm trying to play a DVR event from my HD receiver.

My Model Number: H24-200

I already tried pressing the red button to reset, but that didn't help. Any solutions to this?

Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server.

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 5:15:33 AM
(0)
Expert

Assuming you have the Whole Home DVR system installed, a power down reset may help your situation. Following are instructions based on the assumption that you have the Cinema Connection Kit connected to your router. If you do not, simply bypass the portion relating to that.

Assuming all of your components are connected properly, if you connect the router after the receivers/DVR's are activated, it's necessary to reconfigure the system with a power off reset. Assure that your router is set for DHCP auto configuration before proceeding.

Disconnect AC power from all DVR's and receivers, disconnect the power supply to the DECA/BB module connected to the router and disconnect AC power to the SWM power inserter. Disconnect power from your Modem and router. Then reconnect in the following order. The Modem, the router, SWM power inserter, the DECA/BB router power supply, the HD DVR's, allowing each to boot up before proceeding, the HD receivers, and finally the SD receivers, if any.

Note that if your install is relatively new, you are entitled to a free tech visit to get you running.

Assuming you have the Whole Home DVR system installed, a power down reset may help your situation. Following are instructions based on the assumption that you have the Cinema Connection Kit connected to your router. If you do not, simply bypass the portion relating to that.

Assuming all of your components are connected properly, if you connect the router after the receivers/DVR's are activated, it's necessary to reconfigure the system with a power off reset. Assure that your router is set for DHCP auto configuration before proceeding.

Disconnect AC power from all DVR's and receivers, disconnect the power supply to the DECA/BB module connected to the router and disconnect AC power to the SWM power inserter. Disconnect power from your Modem and router. Then reconnect in the following order. The Modem, the router, SWM power inserter, the DECA/BB router power supply, the HD DVR's, allowing each to boot up before proceeding, the HD receivers, and finally the SD receivers, if any.

Note that if your install is relatively new, you are entitled to a free tech visit to get you running.

Re: Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server.

2 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:25:12 PM
(0)
Teacher

What is the SMW Power inserter and the DECA BB Module?

What is the SMW Power inserter and the DECA BB Module?

3 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:30:22 PM
(0)
Expert

The SWM power inserter furnishes 21 volt power to the dish, see pic attached. The DECA BB module connects to your router to provide Internet service to your DVR's see second or third pic attached.

DECA Module[27].jpg
SWM Dish Power Inserter 21v[4].jpg
DECA BB Module[1].jpg

The SWM power inserter furnishes 21 volt power to the dish, see pic attached. The DECA BB module connects to your router to provide Internet service to your DVR's see second or third pic attached.

DECA Module[27].jpg
DECA BB Module[1].jpg
DECA Module[27].jpg
DECA BB Module[1].jpg

4 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:33:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

Uggh, I did what you stated, now one of the events I was trying to watch on the DVR are now gone. Frown

Uggh, I did what you stated, now one of the events I was trying to watch on the DVR are now gone. Frown

5 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:36:36 PM
(0)
Expert

A power down reset will not erase any recording unless you did the reset while the recording was in progress.

A power down reset will not erase any recording unless you did the reset while the recording was in progress.

6 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:43:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

These events were not recording in progress as they already finished, now they no long appear on the DVR list after the power reset.

These events were not recording in progress as they already finished, now they no long appear on the DVR list after the power reset.

7 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2010 12:13:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Sorry about the double post, but does anyone know how to recover my recorded events back?

Sorry about the double post, but does anyone know how to recover my recorded events back?

8 of 9 (94 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2010 9:31:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by slick20

Sorry. If they're gone from the Playlist after you reset the DVR, then they're gone forever.  Odds are those shows were never recorded properly to begin with.  You should check the signal readings on the "problem" DVR to be sure it's not having any satellite reception issues. 

Quote: Originally Posted by slick20

Sorry. If they're gone from the Playlist after you reset the DVR, then they're gone forever.  Odds are those shows were never recorded properly to begin with.  You should check the signal readings on the "problem" DVR to be sure it's not having any satellite reception issues. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 9 (94 Views)