Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 7, 2013
5:06:26 PM
View profile
Picture and sound blink with Genie when main box and additional receiver are on same channel

We have the Genie DVR with 3 mini receivers.  When the main box and an other receiver are on the same station, the picture and sound on the main box blinks off and back on but are good on the mini.  Have reset the system multiple times but keeps happening.

We have the Genie DVR with 3 mini receivers.  When the main box and an other receiver are on the same station, the picture and sound on the main box blinks off and back on but are good on the mini.  Have reset the system multiple times but keeps happening.

Picture and sound blink with Genie when main box and additional receiver are on same channel

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:37:32 PM
(0)
Employee

First thing to try is resetting ALL of your Genie/clients using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on Genie clients).

First thing to try is resetting ALL of your Genie/clients using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on Genie clients).

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Picture and sound blink with Genie when main box and additional receiver are on same channel

2 of 4 (17 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:47:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

Have tried that and still have the problem.

Have tried that and still have the problem.

Re: Picture and sound blink with Genie when main box and additional receiver are on same channel

3 of 4 (17 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 11:25:04 AM
(0)
Expert

We see a lot of "been there, done that" replies to the reset everything suggestion.  Often the poster figures he's done enough resets.  The exercise we suggest is to reset the main Genie, then while it's booting up, reset each of the clients.  Just wanted to make sure you had followed the proper procedure.

We see a lot of "been there, done that" replies to the reset everything suggestion.  Often the poster figures he's done enough resets.  The exercise we suggest is to reset the main Genie, then while it's booting up, reset each of the clients.  Just wanted to make sure you had followed the proper procedure.

4 of 4 (17 Views)