Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 16, 2012
3:16:44 AM
View profile
Pause/rewind live TV only works on genie

I can pause/rewind live tv on the tv hooked to the main Genie, but on the other recivers/tv's on whole home system will not pause/rewind live tv.  Any suggestions?

I can pause/rewind live tv on the tv hooked to the main Genie, but on the other recivers/tv's on whole home system will not pause/rewind live tv.  Any suggestions?

Pause/rewind live TV only works on genie

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2012 4:49:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can only do trick play (pause/rewind) on DVRs (or on a C31 Genie client).  Trick play needs access to a disk drive and receivers don't have a disk. If you set the program to record on the DVR, then you can pause/rewind on a receiver.

You can only do trick play (pause/rewind) on DVRs (or on a C31 Genie client).  Trick play needs access to a disk drive and receivers don't have a disk. If you set the program to record on the DVR, then you can pause/rewind on a receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pause/rewind live TV only works on genie

2 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2012 3:08:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2012 3:52:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

H25-500

H25-500

4 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2012 4:49:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You won't be able to pause/rewind Live TV with the H25.

You won't be able to pause/rewind Live TV with the H25.

5 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 9:59:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

We're returning to directv,if we have 4 tv's in the house, and if we get genie, we're told we can record 5 at once.

If one tv is recording 5 shows, what can the other 3 tv's do? Can each of the other 3 tv's watch DIFFERENT programs.

Can we have 8 streams/signals/feeds?

Can we record program A, B, C, D & E,( on one tv) and then watch programs F, G & H, on the other 3 tv's?

Also, can we pause/rewind live tv on all tv's?

We're returning to directv,if we have 4 tv's in the house, and if we get genie, we're told we can record 5 at once.

If one tv is recording 5 shows, what can the other 3 tv's do? Can each of the other 3 tv's watch DIFFERENT programs.

Can we record program A, B, C, D & E,( on one tv) and then watch programs F, G & H, on the other 3 tv's?

6 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 11:07:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by ge30542  

If the HR34 Genie is recording 5 shows, it's using all of its satellite tuners. Therefore the remote C31 Genie Client boxes can only view previously recorded shows.  

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page.  Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's.    With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far.  And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ge30542  

If the HR34 Genie is recording 5 shows, it's using all of its satellite tuners. Therefore the remote C31 Genie Client boxes can only view previously recorded shows.  

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page.  Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's.    With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far.  And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. 

7 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 6:51:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Does this mean the Mini Genies do NOT pause live tv?  I just got mine set up and want to be sure.

Does this mean the Mini Genies do NOT pause live tv?  I just got mine set up and want to be sure.

8 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 7:09:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

no need to post the same question multiple times.

Yes, "we" are absolutely positive that the Genie minis can pause live TV

What is the model number of your Genie mini?

no need to post the same question multiple times.

Yes, "we" are absolutely positive that the Genie minis can pause live TV

What is the model number of your Genie mini?

9 of 10 (686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:07:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just one more reason we kept our HR23-700, in the system, so we can record up to 7 things at once, and also pause/play/record. So, far we haven't even reached our max recordings. But, still great to know we could. :smileycool:

Just one more reason we kept our HR23-700, in the system, so we can record up to 7 things at once, and also pause/play/record. So, far we haven't even reached our max recordings. But, still great to know we could. :smileycool:

10 of 10 (686 Views)