Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 31, 2014
1:41:04 PM
View profile
No networked DVRs found

I upgraded to Whole Home DVR in December but it hasn't worked since. I have a HD-DVR(H21-700) and a HD receiver(H24-100). The system has a power inserter and the dish is a 3LNB SWM. Do I need something else to make it work? Also, there is a 1x2 splitter fed from the dish.
A

I upgraded to Whole Home DVR in December but it hasn't worked since. I have a HD-DVR(H21-700) and a HD receiver(H24-100). The system has a power inserter and the dish is a 3LNB SWM. Do I need something else to make it work? Also, there is a 1x2 splitter fed from the dish.
A

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 1, 2014 12:57:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well, I assume the DECA will take care of my problem. Thanks for all the help(I didn't get from them). Now, should I leave this thread open until the fix is confirmed, or should it end now and how would I do that? Roy

Accepted Solution

No networked DVRs found

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 1:48:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Do you have the HD-DVR set to share playlist?

Also the model H21-700 is a non DVR receiver, To know what is a dvr it will have R in it, Ex HR24-100, H denotes HD, R denotes Recorder.

Also you should have a DECA connected to the back of the HDDVR if its HR21-700.

Do you have the HD-DVR set to share playlist?

Also the model H21-700 is a non DVR receiver, To know what is a dvr it will have R in it, Ex HR24-100, H denotes HD, R denotes Recorder.

Also you should have a DECA connected to the back of the HDDVR if its HR21-700.

Re: No networked DVRs found

2 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 1:55:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes I do.

Yes I do.

3 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 1:57:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have a DECA connected to the back of the HR21?

Do you have a DECA connected to the back of the HR21?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 4:16:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Who installed your Whole Home DVR upgrade?

Who installed your Whole Home DVR upgrade?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 4:31:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

You read my mind >_<

You read my mind >_<

6 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 8:19:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

After rechecking, the DVR is a HR21-700, sorry for the wrong info. Also, there is no DECA(not sure what that is). The only device behind the DVR is the power inserter. As for the installation, Directv installed the HD- DVR and power inserter around the first of December. A couple weeks later, my wife decided she wanted access to the DVR recordings on our otherTV, which was on a standard receiver at the time. I called Directv and ordered the upgrade to Whole Home. The saleslady agreed to a free upgrade on the standart receiver to a HD and the Whole Home service for $3. The HD receiver, replacing the standard, was to be drop shipped, and was. I unplugged the standard receiver and merely plugged in the HD replacement. I then called Directv to activate the Whole Home, and they did. It hasn't ever worked. Several calls to Directv served no purpose, only  for them to suggest a technician, for $50, to check it out. I really don't want to do that. Thanks for the attention you've given and hopefully you can offer more help, now that I've corrected the model # of the DVR. Thanks again, Roy

After rechecking, the DVR is a HR21-700, sorry for the wrong info. Also, there is no DECA(not sure what that is). The only device behind the DVR is the power inserter. As for the installation, Directv installed the HD- DVR and power inserter around the first of December. A couple weeks later, my wife decided she wanted access to the DVR recordings on our otherTV, which was on a standard receiver at the time. I called Directv and ordered the upgrade to Whole Home. The saleslady agreed to a free upgrade on the standart receiver to a HD and the Whole Home service for $3. The HD receiver, replacing the standard, was to be drop shipped, and was. I unplugged the standard receiver and merely plugged in the HD replacement. I then called Directv to activate the Whole Home, and they did. It hasn't ever worked. Several calls to Directv served no purpose, only  for them to suggest a technician, for $50, to check it out. I really don't want to do that. Thanks for the attention you've given and hopefully you can offer more help, now that I've corrected the model # of the DVR. Thanks again, Roy

7 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 9:07:16 AM
(0)
Administrator

Are you sure it is a Power Inserter?  Most likely it is a DECA.  Go take a photo of it, and post the link to that photo.  You will have to place it on a Google+, Flickr, Dropbox, in order to upload it here.

Are you sure it is a Power Inserter?  Most likely it is a DECA.  Go take a photo of it, and post the link to that photo.  You will have to place it on a Google+, Flickr, Dropbox, in order to upload it here.

8 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 9:19:34 AM
(0)
Teacher

Will do.

Will do.

9 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 10:16:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Here's a link to the power inserter. Hope it works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116142198@N06/

Here's a link to the power inserter. Hope it works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116142198@N06/

10 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 10:45:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

I haven't heard about this "DECA", Directv didn't send one. If I need one, that's probably my problem. Regards, Roy

I haven't heard about this "DECA", Directv didn't send one. If I need one, that's probably my problem. Regards, Roy

11 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 10:55:54 AM
(0)
Administrator

Yep, that is a SWM.  See this discussion from 2012.  http://forums.directv.com/thread/11085217  DBSTalk about the SWM & HR20 http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/196141-swm-setup-issue/  Tech-Faq about the SWM.  http://www.tech-faq.com/directv-swm.html  If you need the CCK (Cinema Connection Kit), you can get one from Solidsignal.com.   There are three on this page, that you can choose from.  http://www.solidsignal.com/search/sr.asp?q=cinema+connection+kit  This is the Deca II, that are being put in with the HR44 series, but not with the little adapter in the picture.  This is going to be the best one for you.  http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=dcapr0-01&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-w/-power-supply-(de...

Yep, that is a SWM.  See this discussion from 2012.  http://forums.directv.com/thread/11085217  DBSTalk about the SWM & HR20 http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/196141-swm-setup-issue/  Tech-Faq about the SWM.  http://www.tech-faq.com/directv-swm.html  If you need the CCK (Cinema Connection Kit), you can get one from Solidsignal.com.   There are three on this page, that you can choose from.  http://www.solidsignal.com/search/sr.asp?q=cinema+connection+kit  This is the Deca II, that are being put in with the HR44 series, but not with the little adapter in the picture.  This is going to be the best one for you.  http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=dcapr0-01&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-w/-power-supply-(deca2pr)&sku=700112818769

12 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 10:56:37 AM
(0)
Administrator

Forgot the model info. 

DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit w/ Power Supply (DECA2PR)

Forgot the model info. 

DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit w/ Power Supply (DECA2PR)

13 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 11:02:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you need at least one DECA for the HR21.  If you HD reciever is NOT an H24 or H25 you will need another DECA as well

you need at least one DECA for the HR21.  If you HD reciever is NOT an H24 or H25 you will need another DECA as well

14 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 11:09:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have a HD-DVR model # HR21-700 and a HD receiver model # H24-100. I just read about DECA, and it seem's that the HR21-700 needs one. Guess I'll talk to sales again. Is the device listed in broe23's last post, the device I need? Thanks for your time and help. Roy

I have a HD-DVR model # HR21-700 and a HD receiver model # H24-100. I just read about DECA, and it seem's that the HR21-700 needs one. Guess I'll talk to sales again. Is the device listed in broe23's last post, the device I need? Thanks for your time and help. Roy

15 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 11:13:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

KKind of, as you only need the DECA withou the power supply

KKind of, as you only need the DECA withou the power supply

16 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 11:16:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

I'm about to call about the DECA.

I'm about to call about the DECA.

17 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 11:28:33 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just thought about the fact that this is a fairly new upgrade, less than 2 months. Wouldn't Directv install newer equipment that wouldn't need this DECA? Or do they keep refurbishing old gear and offering it as new. This comes to mind because as the 2 installers were installing the HD-DVR, one asked the other, "Isn't this the receiver they've been having problems with?" And true enough, this is the slowest and most undependable receiver we've had. Think I'll mention that to Directv and see the outcome. Maybe TMI but just thinking.

I just thought about the fact that this is a fairly new upgrade, less than 2 months. Wouldn't Directv install newer equipment that wouldn't need this DECA? Or do they keep refurbishing old gear and offering it as new. This comes to mind because as the 2 installers were installing the HD-DVR, one asked the other, "Isn't this the receiver they've been having problems with?" And true enough, this is the slowest and most undependable receiver we've had. Think I'll mention that to Directv and see the outcome. Maybe TMI but just thinking.

18 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 12:18:56 PM
(0)
Professor

Yes the DECA should have been installed with the upgrade.

DECA is built in with the HR24 and the Genies and yes most of the receivers are refurbished and since DTV considers them the same you can only get the same model you have unless DTV has labeled it obsolete.

Yes the DECA should have been installed with the upgrade.

DECA is built in with the HR24 and the Genies and yes most of the receivers are refurbished and since DTV considers them the same you can only get the same model you have unless DTV has labeled it obsolete.

19 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 1, 2014 12:57:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well, I assume the DECA will take care of my problem. Thanks for all the help(I didn't get from them). Now, should I leave this thread open until the fix is confirmed, or should it end now and how would I do that? Roy

20 of 22 (91 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 1:55:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

21 of 22 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 12:38:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

The DECA was supposed to be here 2/4, FedX finally made it on 2/7. After all, it had to come all the way from GA. to AL., by way of Chicago!! The(lack of) DECA was the problem. Thanks to all know had an input on my post. Good job, well done. Regards, Roy

The DECA was supposed to be here 2/4, FedX finally made it on 2/7. After all, it had to come all the way from GA. to AL., by way of Chicago!! The(lack of) DECA was the problem. Thanks to all know had an input on my post. Good job, well done. Regards, Roy

22 of 22 (91 Views)