Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2013
7:56:11 AM
View profile
New Whole Home System - Daily No Server Detected / Server Outages

New Install. Prior Owner had a Slimline 5 which was modded to SWM and done by Tier 3 Installer consists of HR44 and 3x-C41-500. New orange barrels and a pwr hookup.

Sat signal strength settings ALL at least 96 and above.

Equiment:

Stable Wireless router with Plenty of BW broadcasting in same room as HR44.

NAD T777

Panasonic VT60

OPPO

All Power Saving Settings disabled (Constant power)

Problem: Get a daily (possibly two) Server Not Detected errors.

Red button reset corrects issue.

This is not a viable solution as elderly viewer cannot make the trek to reset.

Anything else that can be done?

ty

New Install. Prior Owner had a Slimline 5 which was modded to SWM and done by Tier 3 Installer consists of HR44 and 3x-C41-500. New orange barrels and a pwr hookup.

Sat signal strength settings ALL at least 96 and above.

Equiment:

Stable Wireless router with Plenty of BW broadcasting in same room as HR44.

NAD T777

Panasonic VT60

OPPO

All Power Saving Settings disabled (Constant power)

Problem: Get a daily (possibly two) Server Not Detected errors.

Red button reset corrects issue.

This is not a viable solution as elderly viewer cannot make the trek to reset.

Anything else that can be done?

ty

New Whole Home System - Daily No Server Detected / Server Outages

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 9:31:19 AM
(0)
Expert

A reset of the Genie and then as it boots up a reset of the Clients will give the system a fresh configuration and will often correct issues that individual resets will not.  Is the HR44 hard wired to the router or are you using the Wi-Fi on the HR44?  I like hard wired.  If this persists, I'd try running the system without the router connected to see if it's a router problem, possibly short leases or a bum DHCP system.

A reset of the Genie and then as it boots up a reset of the Clients will give the system a fresh configuration and will often correct issues that individual resets will not.  Is the HR44 hard wired to the router or are you using the Wi-Fi on the HR44?  I like hard wired.  If this persists, I'd try running the system without the router connected to see if it's a router problem, possibly short leases or a bum DHCP system.

Re: New Whole Home System - Daily No Server Detected / Server Outages

2 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 10:16:52 AM
(0)
Employee
of course dcd meant DHCP
of course dcd meant DHCP
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 12:17:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

thanks for the response...

I know about the Reset, (that does correct the instant problem), but the issue that prompted this post is that it is needed to be performed on a daily or bi-daily basis.

The HR44 is hooked via Wireless.. I had already disconnect the Router to see if it is was causing an interrup/dropout... The No Server Detected error Still appeard (without the router in the loop).

Issue it still apparent and appears to be a prevalent issue here and throughout Google Search.

thanks for the response...

I know about the Reset, (that does correct the instant problem), but the issue that prompted this post is that it is needed to be performed on a daily or bi-daily basis.

The HR44 is hooked via Wireless.. I had already disconnect the Router to see if it is was causing an interrup/dropout... The No Server Detected error Still appeard (without the router in the loop).

Issue it still apparent and appears to be a prevalent issue here and throughout Google Search.

4 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 1:00:26 PM
(0)
Expert

Indeed, DHCP is what I meant, thanks for the back watch J.

I've since corrected the typo so as to not confuse anyone.

Indeed, DHCP is what I meant, thanks for the back watch J.

I've since corrected the typo so as to not confuse anyone.

5 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 5:11:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

three needed Resets today... While watching NFL, Wife is hot... Directv is getting a call now. This sux.

three needed Resets today... While watching NFL, Wife is hot... Directv is getting a call now. This sux.

6 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 10:04:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue... new to Directv, system is not even a week old! UGgg

I am having the same issue... new to Directv, system is not even a week old! UGgg

7 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 1:58:13 PM
(0)
Employee

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment (model numbers), location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. Thank you.

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment (model numbers), location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 9:43:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks peds48... i not asking any questions here im just venting about having the same problem as the OP.

Thanks peds48... i not asking any questions here im just venting about having the same problem as the OP.

9 of 10 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 12:30:17 PM
(0)
Employee

Well, you can vent all you want or start a new post and perhaps we can help

Well, you can vent all you want or start a new post and perhaps we can help

10 of 10 (10 Views)