Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Aug 31, 2013
6:56:47 PM
If you record something on a HD DVR (NOT A GENIE) Will it show up in the other rooms that have a genie?

I recorded a movie on a HD DVR (Not on a genie) and the movie does not show up on the genies. Is this normal? Thank you in advance for any replies.

I recorded a movie on a HD DVR (Not on a genie) and the movie does not show up on the genies. Is this normal? Thank you in advance for any replies.

If you record something on a HD DVR (NOT A GENIE) Will it show up in the other rooms that have a genie?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 7:02:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, if you have a properly installed system, anything you have on an HDDVR playlist should share on the Genie clients

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

No, if you have a properly installed system, anything you have on an HDDVR playlist should share on the Genie clients

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: If you record something on a HD DVR (NOT A GENIE) Will it show up in the other rooms that have a genie?

2 of 3 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:35:20 AM
(0)
Professor

Also make sure the DVR is set to share, and that the guide on the Genie is set to ALL under the LIST, OPTIONS, FIlter By Playlist setting.

Also make sure the DVR is set to share, and that the guide on the Genie is set to ALL under the LIST, OPTIONS, FIlter By Playlist setting.

Re: If you record something on a HD DVR (NOT A GENIE) Will it show up in the other rooms that have a genie?

3 of 3 (1 View)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments