Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 16, 2014
8:19:21 AM
View profile
How to auto-tune live TV with Genie

I just returned to DirecTV, as a customer, and went with the Genie DVR.  Previously, I could auto-tune a channel or several channels to watch without having to manually changing to the selected channels.  With Genie, it appears my only option is to record it.  If I'm watching live TV (or not) at the time I have to manually select the channel or go to the To-Do-List!  Is there a way to auto-tune "live" TV? 

Example: At 1000AM I'm watching channel 3, at 12 noon I want to watch channel 206, but at 3PM I want to listen to channel 800.  

I don't want to record the channels just watch'em without manually changing the channels.

Thanks!!!!

I just returned to DirecTV, as a customer, and went with the Genie DVR.  Previously, I could auto-tune a channel or several channels to watch without having to manually changing to the selected channels.  With Genie, it appears my only option is to record it.  If I'm watching live TV (or not) at the time I have to manually select the channel or go to the To-Do-List!  Is there a way to auto-tune "live" TV? 

Example: At 1000AM I'm watching channel 3, at 12 noon I want to watch channel 206, but at 3PM I want to listen to channel 800.  

I don't want to record the channels just watch'em without manually changing the channels.

Thanks!!!!

How to auto-tune live TV with Genie

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 8:49:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

none of the DirecTV DVRs have auto-tune. Sorry

none of the DirecTV DVRs have auto-tune. Sorry

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to auto-tune live TV with Genie

2 of 5 (1,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 9:54:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ahhhhh .... not what I wanted to hear!!!  Thank you peds48! :smileyplain:

Ahhhhh .... not what I wanted to hear!!!  Thank you peds48! :smileyplain:

3 of 5 (1,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 11:54:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are welcome

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

You are welcome

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (1,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 2:22:20 PM
(0)
Expert

During the season, there are times on Sunday evening when there are five programs recording simultaneously and we pick one to watch.  You can see were Autotune would be in a real quandary if all those programs were selected.  Thus the absence of Autotune on Directv DVR's.  Simply record all your favorite shows and watch at your convenience.

During the season, there are times on Sunday evening when there are five programs recording simultaneously and we pick one to watch.  You can see were Autotune would be in a real quandary if all those programs were selected.  Thus the absence of Autotune on Directv DVR's.  Simply record all your favorite shows and watch at your convenience.

5 of 5 (1,055 Views)