Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 30, 2014
7:27:14 PM
View profile
How do I stop hr44 & hr24 playlists merging?

I upgraded to Genie HR44 (with 3 minis) about 3 weeks ago. We also still have an HR24. Up until today everything was as expected - the Genie and it minis all shared the same playlist while the HR24 had its own list.

As of today the HR44's shows are showing up in the HR24's playlist and vice versa. Not necessarily a problem except when the same show has been recorded on both boxes. Now we're seeing two copies of every episode. Additionally, the HR44 is randomly stopping recording during shows or movies. Luckily - in some cases - the Hr24 continued recording. It's all very confusing. Help!

I upgraded to Genie HR44 (with 3 minis) about 3 weeks ago. We also still have an HR24. Up until today everything was as expected - the Genie and it minis all shared the same playlist while the HR24 had its own list.

As of today the HR44's shows are showing up in the HR24's playlist and vice versa. Not necessarily a problem except when the same show has been recorded on both boxes. Now we're seeing two copies of every episode. Additionally, the HR44 is randomly stopping recording during shows or movies. Luckily - in some cases - the Hr24 continued recording. It's all very confusing. Help!

How do I stop hr44 & hr24 playlists merging?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 7:59:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

MENU -> SETTINGS & HELP -> SETTINGS -> WHOLE-HOME -> SHARE PLAYLIST -> NO.  Do this on BOTH DVRs

MENU -> SETTINGS & HELP -> SETTINGS -> WHOLE-HOME -> SHARE PLAYLIST -> NO.  Do this on BOTH DVRs

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I stop hr44 & hr24 playlists merging?

2 of 5 (54 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 8:59:57 PM
(0)
Professor

Try a red button reset behind the access card door for the second problem.

Try a red button reset behind the access card door for the second problem.

3 of 5 (54 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 5:51:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

Excellent! Thanks for your help.

Excellent! Thanks for your help.

4 of 5 (54 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 5:51:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advice!

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advice!

5 of 5 (54 Views)