Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 6, 2014
8:31:19 PM
View profile
How Do I Update My Receiver Info Online??

When i sign into my account online, the information showing on one of my receivers is incorrect and I can't find how to change it. I have a receiver in my master bedroom that shows up correctly. It is named "Master Bedroom" under location and shows connected to the internet. My problem is the living room. It shows up in my equipment but on location it is just a blank space. There is nothing there to click to change or update the name. It also shows as not being connected to the internet, but I know for sure it is. I checked on the menu with my remote in settings and it shows connected with the IP address and everything. How can I update this living room receiver to show the location and internet connection?

When i sign into my account online, the information showing on one of my receivers is incorrect and I can't find how to change it. I have a receiver in my master bedroom that shows up correctly. It is named "Master Bedroom" under location and shows connected to the internet. My problem is the living room. It shows up in my equipment but on location it is just a blank space. There is nothing there to click to change or update the name. It also shows as not being connected to the internet, but I know for sure it is. I checked on the menu with my remote in settings and it shows connected with the IP address and everything. How can I update this living room receiver to show the location and internet connection?

How Do I Update My Receiver Info Online??

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 7:12:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The internet connection issue is automatic. It make take a few days or even a week to reflect the connection after it has been connected for the first time. There is def a link to change the receivers name under the "my equipment" tab

The internet connection issue is automatic. It make take a few days or even a week to reflect the connection after it has been connected for the first time. There is def a link to change the receivers name under the "my equipment" tab

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How Do I Update My Receiver Info Online??

2 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 7:18:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, the internet connection issue did just as you said. I signed back in this morning and now it shows connected. As far as naming the location of the receiver, that is still not resolved. I am looking right now at the "My Equipment" page. There are 2 receivers listed. The first is the one in our master bedroom and by Location it says Master Bedroom. On the second receiver which is in our living room it looks exactly like this: Location: with nothing there and nothing to click, no link, no anything, just a blank space. How can I name this one?

Ok, the internet connection issue did just as you said. I signed back in this morning and now it shows connected. As far as naming the location of the receiver, that is still not resolved. I am looking right now at the "My Equipment" page. There are 2 receivers listed. The first is the one in our master bedroom and by Location it says Master Bedroom. On the second receiver which is in our living room it looks exactly like this: Location: with nothing there and nothing to click, no link, no anything, just a blank space. How can I name this one?

3 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 3:41:44 AM
(0)
Expert

Open your "settings" menu under "Whole Home" and select name location.  Put in the desired name and select "update".  Give it a few days and it should appear online.

Open your "settings" menu under "Whole Home" and select name location.  Put in the desired name and select "update".  Give it a few days and it should appear online.

4 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 6:16:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sorry dcd but that is not how it works. The name you reference is just a friendly name for the receivers in the network and this dies not transfer to your DirecTV account online. Only way to change THAT name is online by going to the "my equipment" tab of your account

Sorry dcd but that is not how it works. The name you reference is just a friendly name for the receivers in the network and this dies not transfer to your DirecTV account online. Only way to change THAT name is online by going to the "my equipment" tab of your account

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 6:22:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I still don't have this resolved. Again, when I sign into my online account, go to the "my equipment" section, this particular receiver has nothing but a blank space by "Location". There is no link or anything else to click on to be able to add a name or update at all. What can I do?

I still don't have this resolved. Again, when I sign into my online account, go to the "my equipment" section, this particular receiver has nothing but a blank space by "Location". There is no link or anything else to click on to be able to add a name or update at all. What can I do?

6 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 7:34:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Call DirecTV. They can change the name for you

Call DirecTV. They can change the name for you

7 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 12:11:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

For what it's worth this affects nothing on your account. Everyone goes by RIDs or Access card numbers not receiver names.

For what it's worth this affects nothing on your account. Everyone goes by RIDs or Access card numbers not receiver names.

8 of 8 (10 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments