Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 26, 2014
9:01:18 AM
View profile
HR44 Server shows HR22 Playlist but cannot play

I have two dishes, one connected to a Genie HR44 with 2 wired clients and one connected to an HR22 using a CCK to wirelessly connect the HR22 to the internet and the Whole Home network since the 2 dishes are exclusive of each other.  Both DVRs show each others playlists and the HR22 can play recordings on the HR44 and the 2 Genie clients can play the recordings on the HR22, but the HR44 Genie server cannot play the recordings from the HR22.  When I attempt to play an HR22 recording on the HR44 Genie server it says "could not receiver audio/video packet data". 

I find this odd because the 2 Genie clients play the HR22 recordings fine.

Thanks in advance for the help and let me know if you need more information on my setup to help diagnose the issue above.

I have two dishes, one connected to a Genie HR44 with 2 wired clients and one connected to an HR22 using a CCK to wirelessly connect the HR22 to the internet and the Whole Home network since the 2 dishes are exclusive of each other.  Both DVRs show each others playlists and the HR22 can play recordings on the HR44 and the 2 Genie clients can play the recordings on the HR22, but the HR44 Genie server cannot play the recordings from the HR22.  When I attempt to play an HR22 recording on the HR44 Genie server it says "could not receiver audio/video packet data". 

I find this odd because the 2 Genie clients play the HR22 recordings fine.

Thanks in advance for the help and let me know if you need more information on my setup to help diagnose the issue above.

HR44 Server shows HR22 Playlist but cannot play

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 10:25:56 AM
(0)
Guru

I would Red button reset them if you haven't already

I would Red button reset them if you haven't already

Re: HR44 Server shows HR22 Playlist but cannot play

2 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 2:53:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

how is your HR44 connected to the internet? also, how far apart is the HR22? is the network LED on the CCK-W green or amber?

how is your HR44 connected to the internet? also, how far apart is the HR22? is the network LED on the CCK-W green or amber?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 3:40:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply, I did that initially to get both each DVRs playlist to show on the each other's DVR, essentially getting the Whole-Home working after the Genie upgrade.

Thanks for the reply, I did that initially to get both each DVRs playlist to show on the each other's DVR, essentially getting the Whole-Home working after the Genie upgrade.

4 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 3:46:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

HR44 connected to the internet via coax and router.

HR22 is approx. 25-30ft from the HR44

All lights on the CCK-W are green

I'm thinking there is a connection between the two since the HR22 can play the recordings off the HR44 and the Genie clients can play recordings off the HR22.  It's only the HR44 Genie server that cannot play recordings off the HR22.

Not sure if this would make a difference, but the HR22 also has a DECA attached along with the CCK.

Thanks for the reply, hope the above info helps the troubleshooting.

HR44 connected to the internet via coax and router.

HR22 is approx. 25-30ft from the HR44

All lights on the CCK-W are green

I'm thinking there is a connection between the two since the HR22 can play the recordings off the HR44 and the Genie clients can play recordings off the HR22.  It's only the HR44 Genie server that cannot play recordings off the HR22.

Not sure if this would make a difference, but the HR22 also has a DECA attached along with the CCK.

Thanks for the reply, hope the above info helps the troubleshooting.

5 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 4:01:43 PM
(0)
Guru

With the hr22 being on a seperate dish

Remove The coax connectors to the cck wireless remove the DECA from the hr22 and just run one cat 5 jumper from the WiFi cck into the Ethernet

Port of the hr22 then red button reset

The end result of this would be one coax into the hr22 and one cat5 jumper from cck WiFi into hr22

With the hr22 being on a seperate dish

Remove The coax connectors to the cck wireless remove the DECA from the hr22 and just run one cat 5 jumper from the WiFi cck into the Ethernet

Port of the hr22 then red button reset

The end result of this would be one coax into the hr22 and one cat5 jumper from cck WiFi into hr22

6 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 4:56:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.

After doing what you instructed and removing the DECA from the HR22, will I still be able to access PPV, OnDemand, YouTube, Pandora etc.?  If so, why did the tech install the DECA in the first place?

Thanks for the reply.

After doing what you instructed and removing the DECA from the HR22, will I still be able to access PPV, OnDemand, YouTube, Pandora etc.?  If so, why did the tech install the DECA in the first place?

7 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 4:57:59 PM
(0)
Guru

The hr22 is on a separate dish right

By itself or with other receivers

The hr22 is on a separate dish right

By itself or with other receivers

8 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 5:23:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Correct Smiley Wink, an HD and an STD receiver for a total of 3 including the HR22.

Correct Smiley Wink, an HD and an STD receiver for a total of 3 including the HR22.

9 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 5:28:19 PM
(0)
Guru

OK then forget my entire conversation lol you need the DECA and everything else

OK then forget my entire conversation lol you need the DECA and everything else

10 of 11 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 5:30:50 PM
(0)
Guru

I would do this though get your hands on a Swm two way splitter and run one

Coax to the port that is labed to lnb

On wireless cck and the other one to the receiver DECA.

That's how I would do it forget everything else prior to this

I would do this though get your hands on a Swm two way splitter and run one

Coax to the port that is labed to lnb

On wireless cck and the other one to the receiver DECA.

That's how I would do it forget everything else prior to this

11 of 11 (2 Views)