Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2014
7:08:32 AM
View profile
Genie not recording 5 shows at once.

I just hooked up with DTV and got a genie, no minis, only have 1 TV. I know, WHAT? I'm more than happy with 1 TV. Anyway, I've never had a DVR before either. When I go to record shows (Mostly Starz or HBO on demand ) it puts them in a queue to be recorded. It does not record 3 or even 2 at a time. Is it because of the types of shows I'm trying to record or because I don't have any minis hooked up?

I just hooked up with DTV and got a genie, no minis, only have 1 TV. I know, WHAT? I'm more than happy with 1 TV. Anyway, I've never had a DVR before either. When I go to record shows (Mostly Starz or HBO on demand ) it puts them in a queue to be recorded. It does not record 3 or even 2 at a time. Is it because of the types of shows I'm trying to record or because I don't have any minis hooked up?

Genie not recording 5 shows at once.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 8:00:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OnDemand shows are actually downloaded via your internet connection and have nothing to do with the Genie DVR's five satellite tuners.  Only one OnDemand show can download at a time.  But you can set up five simultaneous recordings from satellite channels.

OnDemand shows are actually downloaded via your internet connection and have nothing to do with the Genie DVR's five satellite tuners.  Only one OnDemand show can download at a time.  But you can set up five simultaneous recordings from satellite channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie not recording 5 shows at once.

2 of 5 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 8:20:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you can only download ONE On Demand show at a time. you can record up to 5 SATELLITES channels at the same time

you can only download ONE On Demand show at a time. you can record up to 5 SATELLITES channels at the same time

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 12:01:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the fast reply. When you say satellite channels, I assume you

mean anything other than on demand? vs something to do with the

satellite tuners..... Yeah I know, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks for the fast reply. When you say satellite channels, I assume you

mean anything other than on demand? vs something to do with the

satellite tuners..... Yeah I know, I have no idea what I'm doing.

4 of 5 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 12:14:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Correct.  "Satellite channels" are the channels that you tune to with your DirecTV Receiver.  For example, ESPN on Ch206.   These use the Genie's satellite tuners.   "OnDemand" shows and movies are downloaded via the Genie's internet connection and don't use a satellite channel/tuner.

Correct.  "Satellite channels" are the channels that you tune to with your DirecTV Receiver.  For example, ESPN on Ch206.   These use the Genie's satellite tuners.   "OnDemand" shows and movies are downloaded via the Genie's internet connection and don't use a satellite channel/tuner.

5 of 5 (89 Views)