Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 31, 2014
12:17:20 PM
View profile
Genie does not "see" my two older HD DVR's

My older boxes are an HR 21 and an HR24.  My two newer DVR's work normally.  The two older boxes show the message: "no networked DVR's found".  How do I remedy this?    thanks for any help

My older boxes are an HR 21 and an HR24.  My two newer DVR's work normally.  The two older boxes show the message: "no networked DVR's found".  How do I remedy this?    thanks for any help

Genie does not "see" my two older HD DVR's

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 12:33:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

How are the HR21 and HR24 connected to your home network for Whole Home DVR sharing?

What models are your newer DVRs?

Who installed the newer DVRs? When?

How are the HR21 and HR24 connected to your home network for Whole Home DVR sharing?

What models are your newer DVRs?

Who installed the newer DVRs? When?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie does not "see" my two older HD DVR's

2 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 5:10:58 PM
(0)
Guru

Look for a band stop filter on the coax that leads to the geine its red in will be inline.Remove it if you see one that blocks communication and may have been there if a standard def box used to be in place

Look for a band stop filter on the coax that leads to the geine its red in will be inline.Remove it if you see one that blocks communication and may have been there if a standard def box used to be in place

3 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 12:24:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

See if they're all online(press dash on regular programming)

If some are and some aren't then repeat network set up(settings>network set up>repeat network set up) on the non-online ones. If that doesn't work then reboot the non-online ones. If that doesn't work reboot your router then repeat network set up.

If none are online then reboot them all together and they should find each other when they come up. What is likely your problem is some are connected to the router and others aren't.

See if they're all online(press dash on regular programming)

If some are and some aren't then repeat network set up(settings>network set up>repeat network set up) on the non-online ones. If that doesn't work then reboot the non-online ones. If that doesn't work reboot your router then repeat network set up.

If none are online then reboot them all together and they should find each other when they come up. What is likely your problem is some are connected to the router and others aren't.

4 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 10:44:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Some more info:  my two older DVR’s are only connected to any of the other one’s via Coax.  NONE are connected to my home network, although I could connect them if I wish.  Is this normal?  My install was done about 11 days ago by a certified DirecTV tech.  Thanks for all the help.  My newer models are a Genie mini and a H25. 

Some more info:  my two older DVR’s are only connected to any of the other one’s via Coax.  NONE are connected to my home network, although I could connect them if I wish.  Is this normal?  My install was done about 11 days ago by a certified DirecTV tech.  Thanks for all the help.  My newer models are a Genie mini and a H25. 

5 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 11:30:47 AM
(0)
Guru

Look for a receiver DECA attached to the geine if you find it remove it then reboot the reciever.It will ethier be black or white and have a shot piece of cat 5 cable going into the Ethernet port of the geine

If you find this device remove it

Look for a receiver DECA attached to the geine if you find it remove it then reboot the reciever.It will ethier be black or white and have a shot piece of cat 5 cable going into the Ethernet port of the geine

If you find this device remove it

6 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 1:17:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Does the HR21 Has a DECA attached to the satellite input ?

Does the HR21 Has a DECA attached to the satellite input ?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 4:49:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

It does not

It does not

8 of 9 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 4:55:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There you go. That is your problem. Call DirecTV to have them send you one

There you go. That is your problem. Call DirecTV to have them send you one

9 of 9 (0 Views)