Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 7, 2013
4:06:12 PM
Genie and HD receivers are showing "Not Authorized."

I recently upgraded to the genie.  I have the HR44 genie, 3 H25 HD receivers and 1 standard D12.  The installer seemed to do a good job.  He even split the cables outside because he said it might affect the dvr to have 4 or more receivers.  I noticed that in the WHdvr menu that it states "Not Authorized."  This is the same on all the HD receivers.  They all appear to be able to connect to the internet. I've talked to about 4 different customer service reps, 2 of them had to get their supervisor involved but still no results.  So the dvr and the hd receivers are still saying "not authorized."  Can anyone help?

Some things tried:

reset system multiple times

rest satellite setup

I recently upgraded to the genie.  I have the HR44 genie, 3 H25 HD receivers and 1 standard D12.  The installer seemed to do a good job.  He even split the cables outside because he said it might affect the dvr to have 4 or more receivers.  I noticed that in the WHdvr menu that it states "Not Authorized."  This is the same on all the HD receivers.  They all appear to be able to connect to the internet. I've talked to about 4 different customer service reps, 2 of them had to get their supervisor involved but still no results.  So the dvr and the hd receivers are still saying "not authorized."  Can anyone help?

Some things tried:

reset system multiple times

rest satellite setup

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 6:39:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That is the problem.  the DirecTV activation system is not seeing an HDDVR so WHDVR cannot be activated.  it appears a bug with DirecTV activation system.  Will try to find out through my DirecTV contacts.  stay tuned

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Genie and HD receivers are showing "Not Authorized."

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 4:42:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Go to DirecTV.com and under "my equipment" see if the HR44 is listed as "unknown" or Genie HDDVR

Go to DirecTV.com and under "my equipment" see if the HR44 is listed as "unknown" or Genie HDDVR

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie and HD receivers are showing "Not Authorized."

2 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 5:01:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

It shows as "unknown."

It shows as "unknown."

3 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 6:39:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That is the problem.  the DirecTV activation system is not seeing an HDDVR so WHDVR cannot be activated.  it appears a bug with DirecTV activation system.  Will try to find out through my DirecTV contacts.  stay tuned

4 of 7 (288 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:52:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was wondering if this was a problem.  I had mentioned it to customer service when we were troubleshooting.  I appreciate your help!  thanks!

I was wondering if this was a problem.  I had mentioned it to customer service when we were troubleshooting.  I appreciate your help!  thanks!

5 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:09:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hey peds48,

It's now working!  I'm not sure if you did something or the glitch fixed itself.  Hopefully it will keep working.

I was talking to the service rep and was going to have them de-activate it and then re-activate it but as I was talking with her I saw that it was now working.

Anyway, I'll let you know if it stops again.

Thanks!

Hey peds48,

It's now working!  I'm not sure if you did something or the glitch fixed itself.  Hopefully it will keep working.

I was talking to the service rep and was going to have them de-activate it and then re-activate it but as I was talking with her I saw that it was now working.

Anyway, I'll let you know if it stops again.

Thanks!

6 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:24:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

7 of 7 (288 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments