Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 4, 2013
7:27:33 PM
Does the DT remote work with RVU?

I have the Samsung UN32F6300AFXZA with RVU. Does anyone know if I can use the RC71 remote or do I have to use the Samsung remote. I hope the DirecTV remote is supported because the Samsung remote does not have the list button.

I have the Samsung UN32F6300AFXZA with RVU. Does anyone know if I can use the RC71 remote or do I have to use the Samsung remote. I hope the DirecTV remote is supported because the Samsung remote does not have the list button.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 5:24:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Finally got it. For everyone that needs to use the DirecTV RC71 remote with a Samsung or Sony TV with built in RVU.

It's probably best to reset the remote first:

Press MUTE and SELECT together, wait a few seconds for the LED to blink twice then press 981.

Then press MUTE and SELECT together again and enter the code for your TV.

Samsung: 54000

Sony: 54001

Yes the remote will control everything including power and volume.

I tried it on the old RC64 but it did not work so it looks like the RC71 is the only remote that will work right now. Can't wait for a lighted RC71.

Accepted Solution

Does the DT remote work with RVU?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:32:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

the RC71 should work

the RC71 should work

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does the DT remote work with RVU?

2 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 6:36:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Didn’t work

Didn’t work

3 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 6:49:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

If anyone finds a way to make the DirecTV remote work with the build in RVU tuner in the Samsung 6300 I would like to know. In the mean time I have learned that the “C” button on the Samsung remote is the “List” button and the “B” button is the DirecTV menu. It is not the most optimum way to use it, but it works, and if your wife is like mine and wants no wires this is a good way to go.

If anyone finds a way to make the DirecTV remote work with the build in RVU tuner in the Samsung 6300 I would like to know. In the mean time I have learned that the “C” button on the Samsung remote is the “List” button and the “B” button is the DirecTV menu. It is not the most optimum way to use it, but it works, and if your wife is like mine and wants no wires this is a good way to go.

4 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 10:56:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

So you didn't see your tv in the remote setup guide on the Genie?

So you didn't see your tv in the remote setup guide on the Genie?

5 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 5:36:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

This is not a Genie, it is the built in RVU client on my Samsung 6300. If I go to the remote setup menu is says it is “disabled” as do a lot of the menus. I think this is because the RVU just inherits the settings from the TV menus.

This is not a Genie, it is the built in RVU client on my Samsung 6300. If I go to the remote setup menu is says it is “disabled” as do a lot of the menus. I think this is because the RVU just inherits the settings from the TV menus.

6 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 11:42:32 AM
(0)
Expert

Did you activate the Samsung as a client?  Does the Samsung work properly using the TV's buttons?

Did you activate the Samsung as a client?  Does the Samsung work properly using the TV's buttons?

7 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 12:54:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, the Samsung is activated as a client and working perfectly. I am using the Samsung remote at this time, but would love to use a DirecTV remote, but it looks like that is not possible. I may call Samsung this weekend to see if they can help me, but I’m guessing that it will not be supported till a future update of the Samsung firmware.

Yes, the Samsung is activated as a client and working perfectly. I am using the Samsung remote at this time, but would love to use a DirecTV remote, but it looks like that is not possible. I may call Samsung this weekend to see if they can help me, but I’m guessing that it will not be supported till a future update of the Samsung firmware.

8 of 10 (84 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 5:24:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Finally got it. For everyone that needs to use the DirecTV RC71 remote with a Samsung or Sony TV with built in RVU.

Press MUTE and SELECT together, wait a few seconds for the LED to blink twice then press 981.

I tried it on the old RC64 but it did not work so it looks like the RC71 is the only remote that will work right now. Can't wait for a lighted RC71.

9 of 10 (84 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2014 9:11:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

It's an old thread, but thank you, seneca5boy!

Two different installers, and several phone support people at Directv couldn't answer this question a year after you did.

I found this, and it works for my 2014 RVU Samsung and the rc72 remote. As you said, the B and C buttons access the DT menu and Playlist on the Samsung remote, but now I can use the rc72 too. Thanks again!

It's an old thread, but thank you, seneca5boy!

Two different installers, and several phone support people at Directv couldn't answer this question a year after you did.

I found this, and it works for my 2014 RVU Samsung and the rc72 remote. As you said, the B and C buttons access the DT menu and Playlist on the Samsung remote, but now I can use the rc72 too. Thanks again!

10 of 10 (84 Views)