Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 3, 2014
7:19:02 PM
View profile
DirecTV recommneded Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

DirecTV recommended Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

DirecTV recommended Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

DirecTV recommneded Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 7:33:06 PM
(0)
Guru

It will work but ditectv on demand will blow threw your allotted video data cap with exede.

It will work but ditectv on demand will blow threw your allotted video data cap with exede.

Re: DirecTV recommneded Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

2 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 7:36:22 PM
(0)
Guru

Did you get the genie model hr44

Did you get the genie model hr44

Re: DirecTV recommneded Exede internet--I go t it and now it won't connect to the internet. The installer said they had been told not to set up the internet with Exede because it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

3 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 7:57:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

And how is this receiver connected to the internet

Also be aware of your Exede Fair Access Policy which places a cap on your monthly usage.  and using DirecTV VOD will me you go over very quickly

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

And how is this receiver connected to the internet

Also be aware of your Exede Fair Access Policy which places a cap on your monthly usage.  and using DirecTV VOD will me you go over very quickly

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 5:38:14 AM
(0)
Expert

I wonder who at Directv filters these deals.  Even Exede's fattest service is insufficient for Direct TV if you have a HD system.

DIRECTV & Exede Internet Bundle Offer

I wonder who at Directv filters these deals.  Even Exede's fattest service is insufficient for Direct TV if you have a HD system.

DIRECTV & Exede Internet Bundle Offer

5 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 6:34:34 AM
(0)
Guru

Yeah 25gigs of video data for 129$ a month and you would still

Probbaly have overages

Yeah 25gigs of video data for 129$ a month and you would still

Probbaly have overages

6 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 6:49:24 AM
(0)
Guru

Its tempting though because our install group is getting 100$

For lead sales with exede and

50$ for the leave behind card

When we are on a dtv install

But its just asking for sin 30

Its tempting though because our install group is getting 100$

For lead sales with exede and

50$ for the leave behind card

When we are on a dtv install

But its just asking for sin 30

7 of 8 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 9:27:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

I would recommend, XFinity for your internet, and just your internet. I say this, when way back we had to get internet,Comcast at the time, because no other was available, and we started out at 6 mbps, and since then, we've been upgraded many times, without paying any more, and now are at 34 mbps, and no cap, as well. We pay around $49.00 a month.You may want to give it a try. :smileycool:

I would recommend, XFinity for your internet, and just your internet. I say this, when way back we had to get internet,Comcast at the time, because no other was available, and we started out at 6 mbps, and since then, we've been upgraded many times, without paying any more, and now are at 34 mbps, and no cap, as well. We pay around $49.00 a month.You may want to give it a try. :smileycool:

8 of 8 (14 Views)