Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 6, 2014
9:03:44 PM
View profile
Did something change with app and connecting receivers to the internet?

So, I've had DirecTV for several years.  I have 2 HDDVR and 3 HD receivers. They have been connected to the internet through the home connection kit, completely wired environment, forever.  At on point I had each receiver accessible through the iOS app so that in the house, I could call up a receiver and use the iPad as a remote if I wanted. I could also see what was being watched, and in certain circumstances, watch live shows depending on the channel.  And could always pull up recorded shows.  Well, I logged back in today and nothing seems to work. It says I'm not on my home network, I am, same one I've always been on.  No receivers are listed in settings (not even in red). And the instructions keep talking about how receivers must use wifi To be connected?  HuH?  My receivers have always received their internet through the coax cable that connects back to the home connection kit which is wired to the router.  Did something change With the way home networking works in relation to using the iPad in the house or out?

if I log into my account, it shows all my receivers as connected to the internet.

So, I've had DirecTV for several years.  I have 2 HDDVR and 3 HD receivers. They have been connected to the internet through the home connection kit, completely wired environment, forever.  At on point I had each receiver accessible through the iOS app so that in the house, I could call up a receiver and use the iPad as a remote if I wanted. I could also see what was being watched, and in certain circumstances, watch live shows depending on the channel.  And could always pull up recorded shows.  Well, I logged back in today and nothing seems to work. It says I'm not on my home network, I am, same one I've always been on.  No receivers are listed in settings (not even in red). And the instructions keep talking about how receivers must use wifi To be connected?  HuH?  My receivers have always received their internet through the coax cable that connects back to the home connection kit which is wired to the router.  Did something change With the way home networking works in relation to using the iPad in the house or out?

if I log into my account, it shows all my receivers as connected to the internet.

Did something change with app and connecting receivers to the internet?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 11:37:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is removing and reinstalling the iOS app.

First thing to try is removing and reinstalling the iOS app.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Did something change with app and connecting receivers to the internet?

2 of 4 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 7:24:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. My main receiver is connected to internet, but the remaining "whole home" receivers can't connect. I used to be able to check the apps (weather, scores etc..) but now i can't. I am connected to the network, but not the internet.. If  you get an answer, please let me know.

I have the same problem. My main receiver is connected to internet, but the remaining "whole home" receivers can't connect. I used to be able to check the apps (weather, scores etc..) but now i can't. I am connected to the network, but not the internet.. If  you get an answer, please let me know.

3 of 4 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 10:57:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Probably best to start your own new thread, ravensrockdc.  It doesn't sound like your issue is related to the Apple iOS application.  Start a new thread with more details about your equipment (model numbers, etc), and how they're connected to your home network, and what sort of internet service you have. 

Probably best to start your own new thread, ravensrockdc.  It doesn't sound like your issue is related to the Apple iOS application.  Start a new thread with more details about your equipment (model numbers, etc), and how they're connected to your home network, and what sort of internet service you have. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (13 Views)