Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 5, 2014
10:22:32 PM
Choppy playback of recordings

Hello, to start I have a HR23/700 In my living room and a HR22-100 in the bedroom. I had the whole home DVR system installed by Directv over a year ago. Everything had worked perfectly until just a week ago.

Now when a show is recorded on the HR23 and I play it on the HR22 the playback is extremely choppy. If I pause the recording it will play for about 5 seconds without any flaws but then it goes back to being choppy. I can watch the same show on the HR23 where it was recorded and the playback is flawless. It is also the same if the show is recorded on the HR22, the playback on the HR23 is choppy and the playback on the HR22 is fine.

Like I stated the receivers were set up by Directv and I have not had to touch them since. The receivers are networked thru the coaxial cables with "Directv connected home adapters". There is also one of the adapters that hooks to my net gear wireless router for a internet connection. I have reset both receivers and my wireless router and it hasn't helped.

Do the Directv home adapters fail or could it be my router?

Thanks

Hello, to start I have a HR23/700 In my living room and a HR22-100 in the bedroom. I had the whole home DVR system installed by Directv over a year ago. Everything had worked perfectly until just a week ago.

Now when a show is recorded on the HR23 and I play it on the HR22 the playback is extremely choppy. If I pause the recording it will play for about 5 seconds without any flaws but then it goes back to being choppy. I can watch the same show on the HR23 where it was recorded and the playback is flawless. It is also the same if the show is recorded on the HR22, the playback on the HR23 is choppy and the playback on the HR22 is fine.

Like I stated the receivers were set up by Directv and I have not had to touch them since. The receivers are networked thru the coaxial cables with "Directv connected home adapters". There is also one of the adapters that hooks to my net gear wireless router for a internet connection. I have reset both receivers and my wireless router and it hasn't helped.

Do the Directv home adapters fail or could it be my router?

Thanks

Choppy playback of recordings

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 5:13:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting the DECA network....it must be done in this order. Before you begin, assure that DHCP is enabled on your router if your system is connected to the Internet. This is essential.

1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver

2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box) or wireless adapter.

3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?

4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.

5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset

6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.

7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter or wireless adapter.

8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver

Following that, press and hold the info button on one DVR, then select more system info. Scroll down and check that Internet is listed as connected.

First thing to try is resetting the DECA network....it must be done in this order. Before you begin, assure that DHCP is enabled on your router if your system is connected to the Internet. This is essential.

1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver

2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box) or wireless adapter.

3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?

4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.

5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset

6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.

7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter or wireless adapter.

8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver

Following that, press and hold the info button on one DVR, then select more system info. Scroll down and check that Internet is listed as connected.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Choppy playback of recordings

2 of 7 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 7:57:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

Where would the SWM power insert be located? I'm guessing it feeds power to the dish.

Where would the SWM power insert be located? I'm guessing it feeds power to the dish.

3 of 7 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 7:57:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

4 of 7 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 7:58:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

5 of 7 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 8:00:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry the forum wasn't responding.

Sorry the forum wasn't responding.

6 of 7 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 11:29:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yep, the SWM powers the LNB. It can located almost anywhere. but look behind your receivers. It a black box with a green LED on

Yep, the SWM powers the LNB. It can located almost anywhere. but look behind your receivers. It a black box with a green LED on

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (157 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments