Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 7, 2014
8:55:10 AM
View profile
Anyone knows how I can ADD another HR34 into my account?

One of my DVR is very loud, over 5 years old, and has very little space so I decided to purchase a HR34 with extra capacity from www.weaknees.com

I already have SWM16 Multiswitch and I should be able to support adding an additional HR34 but DirecTV will not let me!

They said I can only have 1 Genie on the network but I want both!

Anyone know how I can add a 2nd HR34 into my account?

One of my DVR is very loud, over 5 years old, and has very little space so I decided to purchase a HR34 with extra capacity from www.weaknees.com

I already have SWM16 Multiswitch and I should be able to support adding an additional HR34 but DirecTV will not let me!

They said I can only have 1 Genie on the network but I want both!

Anyone know how I can add a 2nd HR34 into my account?

Anyone knows how I can ADD another HR34 into my account?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 9:12:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

Unfortunatly, at this time you can't. The directv account won't allow more than one to be activated on it. If you wanted to pay for all of your services twice you could get a 2nd account but I understand thats not the most reasonable solution.

Unfortunatly, at this time you can't. The directv account won't allow more than one to be activated on it. If you wanted to pay for all of your services twice you could get a 2nd account but I understand thats not the most reasonable solution.

Re: Anyone knows how I can ADD another HR34 into my account?

2 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 9:59:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's not possible.  Only one Genie DVR is currently allowed per account.  Hopefully that will change in the future.

It's not possible.  Only one Genie DVR is currently allowed per account.  Hopefully that will change in the future.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 1:38:10 PM
(0)
Expert

Litz or Peds, do you know how mini Clients would react to a system with multiple Genies?   Is it possible that has something to do with the "only one" rule?

Litz or Peds, do you know how mini Clients would react to a system with multiple Genies?   Is it possible that has something to do with the "only one" rule?

4 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 1:59:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The minis will pair to the first Genie upon boot up.  So if one looses power, the minis may pair to the wrong Genie.

The minis will pair to the first Genie upon boot up.  So if one looses power, the minis may pair to the wrong Genie.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 3:19:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think that's one of the reasons they only allow one Genie DVR per account.  The mini's would get confused about which DVR to "marry" to.

I think that's one of the reasons they only allow one Genie DVR per account.  The mini's would get confused about which DVR to "marry" to.

6 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 5:03:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

The minis are paired to the genie via a pin code...so that would not be the case.. if you want more capacity to on another dvr, you can add an external hard drive, but with an external attached, the internal is not accessible..

The minis are paired to the genie via a pin code...so that would not be the case.. if you want more capacity to on another dvr, you can add an external hard drive, but with an external attached, the internal is not accessible..

7 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 5:19:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No, litzdog is correct. Clients pairing to the wrong genie is one of the issues reported by those few people with two Genies (part of the test team).

No, litzdog is correct. Clients pairing to the wrong genie is one of the issues reported by those few people with two Genies (part of the test team).

8 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:26:13 AM
(0)
Guru

I have seen the genie client confusuon problem at our shop because we have two there with some hr 24s and some wireless clients.

The two genie setup work fine until one reboots its a real pita to get them to sync like I said if seen it first hand

It has nothing to do with the pin code

I have seen the genie client confusuon problem at our shop because we have two there with some hr 24s and some wireless clients.

The two genie setup work fine until one reboots its a real pita to get them to sync like I said if seen it first hand

It has nothing to do with the pin code

9 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:44:03 AM
(0)
Expert

So, there you have it.  Directv's refusal to activate more that one Genie is a technical limitation.  Apparently even having a second account wouldn't help unless you had a totally separate 2nd LAN, router and modem so the two Genies were on separate systems.  Hopefully you'll be able to return the Genie.

So, there you have it.  Directv's refusal to activate more that one Genie is a technical limitation.  Apparently even having a second account wouldn't help unless you had a totally separate 2nd LAN, router and modem so the two Genies were on separate systems.  Hopefully you'll be able to return the Genie.

10 of 11 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2014 8:05:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

To quote from the weaknees web site

"DirecTV will typically only allow one Genie to be active per account."

You can't say you were not warned.....

To quote from the weaknees web site

"DirecTV will typically only allow one Genie to be active per account."

You can't say you were not warned.....

11 of 11 (7 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments