Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 30, 2014
6:44:20 PM
wireless adapter is not recognized.

I got an internet connection kit but when its connected my receiver doesn't recognize it. Anyone know why?

I got an internet connection kit but when its connected my receiver doesn't recognize it. Anyone know why?

wireless adapter is not recognized.

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:49:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

Press the DASH key on your remote control, does the pop up message indicates "SWM: CONNECTED"?

and how is the CCK connected to the receiver?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

Press the DASH key on your remote control, does the pop up message indicates "SWM: CONNECTED"?

and how is the CCK connected to the receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: wireless adapter is not recognized.

2 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 4:13:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

HR22 and no I don't get SWM: Connected when I press the dash. It will say not connected or looking for network. The CCK is connected with ethernet to the top connection on the receiver.

HR22 and no I don't get SWM: Connected when I press the dash. It will say not connected or looking for network. The CCK is connected with ethernet to the top connection on the receiver.

3 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 5:08:21 AM
(0)
Expert

Disconnect AC power to the DVR, then plug it back in.  After it boots up go to network setup in the DVR's menu.

Disconnect AC power to the DVR, then plug it back in.  After it boots up go to network setup in the DVR's menu.

4 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 5:58:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

Is the the same result as rebooting the receiver from the card slot?

Is the the same result as rebooting the receiver from the card slot?

5 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 7:37:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes

Yes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 1:25:31 PM
(0)
Expert

A red button reset does not provide the same network reconfiguration as a power down reset.  I recommend the power down for reconfiguring a sticky networking issue.

A red button reset does not provide the same network reconfiguration as a power down reset.  I recommend the power down for reconfiguring a sticky networking issue.

7 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 10:40:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for waiting so long but the issued was solved with a power down of everything. Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry for waiting so long but the issued was solved with a power down of everything. Thanks for the help guys.

8 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 11:11:00 AM
(0)
Expert

Good for you, thanks for letting us know.

Good for you, thanks for letting us know.

9 of 10 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 1:13:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

10 of 10 (4 Views)