Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Feb 9, 2014
11:01:24 PM
View profile
what do i need to connect direct on demand

i cannot get on demand they say i need a special cable.what should i buy and how to hook up.

i cannot get on demand they say i need a special cable.what should i buy and how to hook up.

what do i need to connect direct on demand

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 11:05:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It would help to know ....

• What model DVR(s) do you have?   Look for label behind front panel access card door.
  • What sort of home network and internet service do you have?
  • Do you have Whole Home DVR service?

Basically you need to connect your HD DVR to your home network somehow for internet access. 

It would help to know ....

• What model DVR(s) do you have?   Look for label behind front panel access card door.
  • What sort of home network and internet service do you have?
  • Do you have Whole Home DVR service?

Basically you need to connect your HD DVR to your home network somehow for internet access. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: what do i need to connect direct on demand

2 of 5 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 3:20:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

what is whole home dvr??  dvr was installed by direct tv people. I have an HD dvr, if that makes sense. home internet wifi is by frontier telephone.    mo

what is whole home dvr??  dvr was installed by direct tv people. I have an HD dvr, if that makes sense. home internet wifi is by frontier telephone.    mo

3 of 5 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 4:00:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please start a fresh thread

Please start a fresh thread

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 4:02:48 PM
(0)
Expert

Connecting the HD DVR to your router is part of a standard installation in most cases.  Was the Internet available when the Directv was installed?  If the installation was recent call Directv and see if they will return and get you connected.

If you want to tackle this yourself we need to know the model number (inside the card door lower right of the DVR case) of each DVR and receiver you have and whether you can play DVR recordings on other receivers in your homw (Whole Home DVR).

Connecting the HD DVR to your router is part of a standard installation in most cases.  Was the Internet available when the Directv was installed?  If the installation was recent call Directv and see if they will return and get you connected.

If you want to tackle this yourself we need to know the model number (inside the card door lower right of the DVR case) of each DVR and receiver you have and whether you can play DVR recordings on other receivers in your homw (Whole Home DVR).

5 of 5 (6 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments