Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 26, 2013
3:46:45 PM
View profile
how long is it before new episodes of tv shows are on demand?

I watch tv shows and if i cant record it on my dvr i watch it on demand. How long is it before the new episodes of that tv show appear on demand?

I watch tv shows and if i cant record it on my dvr i watch it on demand. How long is it before the new episodes of that tv show appear on demand?

how long is it before new episodes of tv shows are on demand?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 3:48:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

That's totally up to the various networks. They decided when their shows become available on the OnDemand.

That's totally up to the various networks. They decided when their shows become available on the OnDemand.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how long is it before new episodes of tv shows are on demand?

2 of 5 (1,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 3:46:27 AM
(0)
Expert

Your best bet is to record your programs when they originally air.  If you don't have sufficient recording capability you might consider a Genie.

Your best bet is to record your programs when they originally air.  If you don't have sufficient recording capability you might consider a Genie.

3 of 5 (1,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 8:04:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

That is actually NOT true, as I have had Comcast for years AND Directv for years, and Comcast shows appear on demand the day after, with Directv it takes up to a week!!

That is actually NOT true, as I have had Comcast for years AND Directv for years, and Comcast shows appear on demand the day after, with Directv it takes up to a week!!

4 of 5 (1,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 8:19:10 AM
(0)
Expert

You are comparing apples to oranges.  Comcast is a network based system and uses the same system to deliver both TV and On Demand (their coax cable).  Directv delivers TV programming via satellite and the On Demand comes via the Internet and the various "channels" are actually websites operated independently by the content providers.

The question asked was correctly answered by Litzdog's response.

You are comparing apples to oranges.  Comcast is a network based system and uses the same system to deliver both TV and On Demand (their coax cable).  Directv delivers TV programming via satellite and the On Demand comes via the Internet and the various "channels" are actually websites operated independently by the content providers.

The question asked was correctly answered by Litzdog's response.

5 of 5 (1,214 Views)