Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Aug 30, 2013
8:40:10 AM
cannot download or play any on demand content

I get various mesaages when I try to download or play any on demand content.

Some examples: cannot connect to internet, even though when I run a test it shows

that my network is running correctly.

My connection is not fast enough to play do you mwant to download and watch later.

This one I understand.

And error code 100 Receiver not availabe, try again later.

I get various mesaages when I try to download or play any on demand content.

Some examples: cannot connect to internet, even though when I run a test it shows

that my network is running correctly.

My connection is not fast enough to play do you mwant to download and watch later.

This one I understand.

And error code 100 Receiver not availabe, try again later.

cannot download or play any on demand content

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 8:42:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Tell us more about your DirecTV equipment ...

• Model numbers of DVRs/Receivers?
  • How are they connected to your home network for internet access?
  • When was this equipment installed?
  • Did it ever work properly?
  • What sort of internet service do you have? 
  • What is your internet download speed?  Test it via http://www.speedtest.net

Tell us more about your DirecTV equipment ...

• Model numbers of DVRs/Receivers?
  • How are they connected to your home network for internet access?
  • When was this equipment installed?
  • Did it ever work properly?
  • What sort of internet service do you have? 
  • What is your internet download speed?  Test it via http://www.speedtest.net
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: cannot download or play any on demand content

2 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 8:59:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have an HR34 receiver that is hooked up to a D-Link router from Verizon. I have DSL service which

gives me a download speed of 1.46MBPS (not very fast) which is the reason I cannot play on demand

content while it streams.

I am hooked up wirelessly with the Directv Cinema connection kit. I installed this myself. At first I was having

a problem connecting to the internet following the instructions in the manual, (no connection). Finally I had to use the

advanced settings by typing in the static IP address I took off the router. After I did that I was able to download

ON demand content and watch it later. Now I cannot even download the content. I have no idea what happened.

I get error code 100.

I have had the router for about 3 weeks and I installed the connection kit a few days ago.
Do you need any more info?

I have an HR34 receiver that is hooked up to a D-Link router from Verizon. I have DSL service which

gives me a download speed of 1.46MBPS (not very fast) which is the reason I cannot play on demand

content while it streams.

I am hooked up wirelessly with the Directv Cinema connection kit. I installed this myself. At first I was having

a problem connecting to the internet following the instructions in the manual, (no connection). Finally I had to use the

advanced settings by typing in the static IP address I took off the router. After I did that I was able to download

ON demand content and watch it later. Now I cannot even download the content. I have no idea what happened.

I get error code 100.

I have had the router for about 3 weeks and I installed the connection kit a few days ago.
Do you need any more info?

3 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 9:02:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

1.46Mbps is just to slow for VOD. Perhaps you can upgrade to a faster connection

1.46Mbps is just to slow for VOD. Perhaps you can upgrade to a faster connection

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 1:00:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

I agree with peds48, with the addition that you may want to take off the static IP after you do so. It may cause issues later on.

I agree with peds48, with the addition that you may want to take off the static IP after you do so. It may cause issues later on.

5 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 6:35:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Eddie,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I would very much like to remove the static address but when I do so I cannot

get a connection to the internet. I would welcome any suggestions on how I can go back

to allow the router to assign the IP address. If you know let me know.

Thank you

Eddie,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I would very much like to remove the static address but when I do so I cannot

get a connection to the internet. I would welcome any suggestions on how I can go back

to allow the router to assign the IP address. If you know let me know.

Thank you

6 of 6 (15 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments