Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 2, 2013
12:41:26 PM
View profile
cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

I have an HR32/700 receiver, and I cannot get connected to my wireless network. I have verified that swim is connected. I have the Directv Cinema connection kit and I have made sure all the cables are connected. When I try to search for my network it does not come up. I have other devices in the house that are connected to the same router, so I don't think that is the problem. I have a Belkin N600 DB Wireless Dual Band N+ router.  It says I can enter my SSID and password, but then it always says the password is incorrect. I am sure it is correct. One thing to note is that on my cinema connection the "wireless" light is not on, but the others are. Also I am getting a code 71-73-449 comes up when I run the system test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an HR32/700 receiver, and I cannot get connected to my wireless network. I have verified that swim is connected. I have the Directv Cinema connection kit and I have made sure all the cables are connected. When I try to search for my network it does not come up. I have other devices in the house that are connected to the same router, so I don't think that is the problem. I have a Belkin N600 DB Wireless Dual Band N+ router.  It says I can enter my SSID and password, but then it always says the password is incorrect. I am sure it is correct. One thing to note is that on my cinema connection the "wireless" light is not on, but the others are. Also I am getting a code 71-73-449 comes up when I run the system test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 3:16:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is the exact model of your DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit?

Does your SSID or password have any special characters in it (e.g. #, $, &, etc)?

What is the exact model of your DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit?

Does your SSID or password have any special characters in it (e.g. #, $, &, etc)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: cannot connect to wireless network, Any ideas??

2 of 4 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 3:33:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

DCAW1R0-01

No special characters

DCAW1R0-01

No special characters

3 of 4 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:14:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU SETTINGS & HELP SETTINGS NETWORK SET UP RESTORE DEFAULTS CONNECT NOW GET CONNECTED WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU SETTINGS & HELP SETTINGS NETWORK SET UP RESTORE DEFAULTS CONNECT NOW GET CONNECTED WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (41 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments