Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jun 29, 2013
4:32:20 AM
View profile
Wpa2 passphrase not accepted when trying to connect DCCK

Hi, when first installed I had a satellite internet provider, but since then I have been able to get DSL through Verizon. I have a D-Link DSL-2750B Modem/router combo. My home network works fine, (Computer, phones, I-pads etc) all connected. Got the DCCK and installed it following instructions. When it came time to input my WPA2 passphrase I got a message that it was not accepted. I retried install several times with same result. I even tried connecting the DCCK to another of my receivers, still nothing. I then disconnected everything, thinking that maybe I didn't have some piece of equipment needed and called DTV and they sent out an installer. The installer connected the DCCK the way I had originally connected it and got the same result, passphrase not accepted. Had to sign up for repair coverage @ $7.99 to avoid $50.00 repair bill. My whole home DVR is an HD  HR24/500 and I have two H25/500 HD receivers. I thought I read in an forum that someone with the same problem had figured out that the D-link 2750B was the problem and that they purchase an Actiontec modem/router and that fixed it. I can't find that post. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Hi, when first installed I had a satellite internet provider, but since then I have been able to get DSL through Verizon. I have a D-Link DSL-2750B Modem/router combo. My home network works fine, (Computer, phones, I-pads etc) all connected. Got the DCCK and installed it following instructions. When it came time to input my WPA2 passphrase I got a message that it was not accepted. I retried install several times with same result. I even tried connecting the DCCK to another of my receivers, still nothing. I then disconnected everything, thinking that maybe I didn't have some piece of equipment needed and called DTV and they sent out an installer. The installer connected the DCCK the way I had originally connected it and got the same result, passphrase not accepted. Had to sign up for repair coverage @ $7.99 to avoid $50.00 repair bill. My whole home DVR is an HD  HR24/500 and I have two H25/500 HD receivers. I thought I read in an forum that someone with the same problem had figured out that the D-link 2750B was the problem and that they purchase an Actiontec modem/router and that fixed it. I can't find that post. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Wpa2 passphrase not accepted when trying to connect DCCK

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 5:31:27 AM
(0)
Expert

If you type "D-link 2750B" in the search box at the top center of this page you'll get five related thread links.  Make sure your passphrase consists of letters and numerals only, no punctuation or other characters.  Personally I like systems that separate the router from the modem function, seem to be much easier to manage.

If you type "D-link 2750B" in the search box at the top center of this page you'll get five related thread links.  Make sure your passphrase consists of letters and numerals only, no punctuation or other characters.  Personally I like systems that separate the router from the modem function, seem to be much easier to manage.

Re: Wpa2 passphrase not accepted when trying to connect DCCK

2 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 7:56:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

FWIW, it appears that that gateway might not be compatible

FWIW, it appears that that gateway might not be compatible

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 10:30:01 AM
(0)
Expert

Maybe the original poster could contact Verizon and request a different Gateway?

Maybe the original poster could contact Verizon and request a different Gateway?

4 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 1:12:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Or better yet, they can "bridge" their gateway and get their own router.

Or better yet, they can "bridge" their gateway and get their own router.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 6:52:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I do have a router I purchased before I got this one from Verizon. How do I bridge the gateway?

I do have a router I purchased before I got this one from Verizon. How do I bridge the gateway?

6 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 6:58:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

to a google search with the model number of your gateway

to a google search with the model number of your gateway

7 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 2:24:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have solved the problem I was having, I got another Modem/router. I bought a Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem router. I got it hooked up and had the DCCK connected a few minutes. Another problem I was having was getting my wireless printer connected to the D-Link DSL-2750B. Guess Verizon just hands out cheap junk, but I think that the tech people connected with Directv should have known that the D-Link was NOT compatible with the DCCK. Anyway, I am now happy that everything is working. Thanks to all who replied to this string.

I have solved the problem I was having, I got another Modem/router. I bought a Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem router. I got it hooked up and had the DCCK connected a few minutes. Another problem I was having was getting my wireless printer connected to the D-Link DSL-2750B. Guess Verizon just hands out cheap junk, but I think that the tech people connected with Directv should have known that the D-Link was NOT compatible with the DCCK. Anyway, I am now happy that everything is working. Thanks to all who replied to this string.

8 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 12:30:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the 2750B too.  I fixed my problem by connecting to one of my neighbor's unsecured networks!

I have the 2750B too.  I fixed my problem by connecting to one of my neighbor's unsecured networks!

9 of 10 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 1:13:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Awesome.  Thanks for th eupdate.  

If you think your question was resolved, can you please mark it as "correct answer"  Thanks

Awesome.  Thanks for th eupdate.  

If you think your question was resolved, can you please mark it as "correct answer"  Thanks

10 of 10 (155 Views)