Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 1, 2014
9:58:21 AM
Why are my channels not available on VOD

Please help. From what I understand the channels you are subscribed to should be available on VOD, but I am only able to watch certain programs. I click on a program to watch and it says I have to order the channel but I already have the channel in my selected cable package. Maybe I am missing something I am not sure. I called customer service earlier but it didn't help much because the person I spoke to kept mentioning how to order movies on demand and I kept telling him I wasn't trying to order a movie I was trying to watch a television program.

Please help. From what I understand the channels you are subscribed to should be available on VOD, but I am only able to watch certain programs. I click on a program to watch and it says I have to order the channel but I already have the channel in my selected cable package. Maybe I am missing something I am not sure. I called customer service earlier but it didn't help much because the person I spoke to kept mentioning how to order movies on demand and I kept telling him I wasn't trying to order a movie I was trying to watch a television program.

Why are my channels not available on VOD

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 11:15:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Try refreshing your services at link below

Www.directv.com/resend

Try refreshing your services at link below

Www.directv.com/resend

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why are my channels not available on VOD

2 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 12:51:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you I will try this.

Thank you I will try this.

3 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 3:50:04 AM
(0)
Expert

Keep in mind that not all channels have a On Demand server, and, no VOD is available on SD systems.  If your system is working correctly note this.  Open your "Guide" and look at the channel number.  The channels with a VOD server will have a small triangle with a + sign in the upper right corner of the channel number square.  Moving the cursor to the channel number and pressing the "select" button will take you to the VOD server.

What channel number are you trying to access?

Keep in mind that not all channels have a On Demand server, and, no VOD is available on SD systems.  If your system is working correctly note this.  Open your "Guide" and look at the channel number.  The channels with a VOD server will have a small triangle with a + sign in the upper right corner of the channel number square.  Moving the cursor to the channel number and pressing the "select" button will take you to the VOD server.

What channel number are you trying to access?

4 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 4:00:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

The channel in question is available on VOD and it is apart of my cable package but it says I have to order the channel. Some of my VOD channels work fine and I have no issues but others give me the same message about ordering the channel even though I have it as apart of my cable package. I have tried what the above poster suggested but it didn't change the situation unfortunately. I haven't had any luck with customer service, the representative I spoke with kept telling how to order movies on VOD but of course that wasn't my issue.

The channel in question is available on VOD and it is apart of my cable package but it says I have to order the channel. Some of my VOD channels work fine and I have no issues but others give me the same message about ordering the channel even though I have it as apart of my cable package. I have tried what the above poster suggested but it didn't change the situation unfortunately. I haven't had any luck with customer service, the representative I spoke with kept telling how to order movies on VOD but of course that wasn't my issue.

5 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 4:01:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is CMT so that is channel 327 and it has the triangle with the plus sign that is the weird thing about it.

It is CMT so that is channel 327 and it has the triangle with the plus sign that is the weird thing about it.

6 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 4:29:11 AM
(0)
Expert

I just checked and channel 1327 is up and running properly on my system.  Has it been a few days since your system was installed and your VOD connected to your router?  If so, then the first thing I'd do is a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR.  Give it a day or so and see if the missing VOD channels begin working.

If they don't I'd guess that the problem is that your account did not get properly registered with all of the many servers associated with On Demand.  Fixing this can be a trying exercise but if you can convince a CSR to deactivate your authorization for VOD then reauthorize you, that may fix your problem.

I just checked and channel 1327 is up and running properly on my system.  Has it been a few days since your system was installed and your VOD connected to your router?  If so, then the first thing I'd do is a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR.  Give it a day or so and see if the missing VOD channels begin working.

If they don't I'd guess that the problem is that your account did not get properly registered with all of the many servers associated with On Demand.  Fixing this can be a trying exercise but if you can convince a CSR to deactivate your authorization for VOD then reauthorize you, that may fix your problem.

7 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 4:41:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just set up the VOD on Friday. If the resest doesn't work I will see about having it deactivated than reauthorized. Thank you for your help

I just set up the VOD on Friday. If the resest doesn't work I will see about having it deactivated than reauthorized. Thank you for your help

8 of 9 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 9:05:32 AM
(0)
Expert

Let us know how you make out, if you will.

Let us know how you make out, if you will.

9 of 9 (12 Views)