Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 10, 2014
10:35:22 AM
View profile
VOD not connecting to internet - Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

I have a HR24/500 DVR connected to the internet with powerline adapter. 

I have a netgear wireless router.

I was going to record some VOD shows and for some reason I can no longer get out to the internet.

I have wireless laptops, tablet, smart phones connected  and they all can get to the internet.

This used to work.

I went into the network set up on the DVR and the IP was showing a 169 address which is not what the network is set to with the netgear.

So, I set it with the correct static IP, subnet, Gateway, and DNS and click connect.  @

It ran through test and shows Network Ethernet Connected.

But, then shows Internet not connected (22)

Error 86-236

2 Test Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

Any ideas?

thanks

I have a HR24/500 DVR connected to the internet with powerline adapter. 

I have a netgear wireless router.

I was going to record some VOD shows and for some reason I can no longer get out to the internet.

I have wireless laptops, tablet, smart phones connected  and they all can get to the internet.

This used to work.

I went into the network set up on the DVR and the IP was showing a 169 address which is not what the network is set to with the netgear.

So, I set it with the correct static IP, subnet, Gateway, and DNS and click connect.  @

It ran through test and shows Network Ethernet Connected.

But, then shows Internet not connected (22)

Error 86-236

2 Test Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

Any ideas?

thanks

VOD not connecting to internet - Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 10:43:51 AM
(0)
Expert

I'd guess that your Powerline adapter has failed.  You can test it by disabling the Wi-Fi on your laptop and connecting it to the cable from the Powerline and seeing what results you get.  Note that at one time Powerline was considered an acceptable connection method but it was some time ago that Directv decided to remove them from the list due to poor performance in many cases.  A Ethernet cable is the simplest and most reliable method for connecting to the router assuming you don't have a Whole Home DVR system.

I'd guess that your Powerline adapter has failed.  You can test it by disabling the Wi-Fi on your laptop and connecting it to the cable from the Powerline and seeing what results you get.  Note that at one time Powerline was considered an acceptable connection method but it was some time ago that Directv decided to remove them from the list due to poor performance in many cases.  A Ethernet cable is the simplest and most reliable method for connecting to the router assuming you don't have a Whole Home DVR system.

Re: VOD not connecting to internet - Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

2 of 5 (31 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 11:04:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

I will check that tonight when I get home.

The DVR is in the 1st floor basement game room.

The router is on the 3rd floor in the office.

I had a wireless bridge in the basement but the connection was not strong enough for my sons' xbox.

I went to the Powerline and it gave a better signal for the xbox also was better with downloading VOD with the DVR.

I will check that tonight when I get home.

The DVR is in the 1st floor basement game room.

The router is on the 3rd floor in the office.

I had a wireless bridge in the basement but the connection was not strong enough for my sons' xbox.

I went to the Powerline and it gave a better signal for the xbox also was better with downloading VOD with the DVR.

3 of 5 (31 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 3:17:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you can try to reset your PL adapters, but I am with dcd on this one, it looks like one or both have failed.

you can try to reset your PL adapters, but I am with dcd on this one, it looks like one or both have failed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (31 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 5:07:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

Not sure why or how, but when I got home and checked the DVR, it was able to connect to the internet. 

I was able to record 5 VOD shows.

I did not reboot anything.

The DVR was off as it usually is (i turn it off at night).

Not sure why or how, but when I got home and checked the DVR, it was able to connect to the internet. 

I was able to record 5 VOD shows.

I did not reboot anything.

The DVR was off as it usually is (i turn it off at night).

Re: Re: VOD not connecting to internet - Failed Diagnostic Code 71-77-033

5 of 5 (31 Views)