Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 9, 2014
8:01:46 PM
Ondemand issues with certain channels only

Hi, I am having issues with certain ondemand channels like AMC,CINEMA and STARZ.  When I try to watch now or download I get " would you like to add this channel to your direct tv package?" The thing is I do have those channels on my package.  I am able to watch the non ondemand live channel fine.  I have already tried to reset the hr34 box and reauthorize the box through my online account with no luck on fixing the issue.  I already call a direct tv rep and they were unable to fix the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi, I am having issues with certain ondemand channels like AMC,CINEMA and STARZ.  When I try to watch now or download I get " would you like to add this channel to your direct tv package?" The thing is I do have those channels on my package.  I am able to watch the non ondemand live channel fine.  I have already tried to reset the hr34 box and reauthorize the box through my online account with no luck on fixing the issue.  I already call a direct tv rep and they were unable to fix the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 10, 2014 1:39:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

What the CSR said was that the DECA internet tv line item wasn't added to my account, which was a $0.00 feature. Easy fix once they knew what to look for. Thanks dcd! I mentioned your name tag to the CSR and he knew of you and your help. Said you guys are awesome and appreciate your help. Thanks again! Hope this can help someone else.

Accepted Solution

Ondemand issues with certain channels only

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 3:46:33 AM
(0)
Expert

I believe you are going to need to call Directv and convince the rep to de-authorize your account and reauthorize it.  This is an unusual move and I may have the wrong nomenclature.  The idea here is that your channel lineup did not make it through the system intact.

I believe you are going to need to call Directv and convince the rep to de-authorize your account and reauthorize it.  This is an unusual move and I may have the wrong nomenclature.  The idea here is that your channel lineup did not make it through the system intact.

Re: Ondemand issues with certain channels only

2 of 7 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 10, 2014 1:39:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

What the CSR said was that the DECA internet tv line item wasn't added to my account, which was a $0.00 feature. Easy fix once they knew what to look for. Thanks dcd! I mentioned your name tag to the CSR and he knew of you and your help. Said you guys are awesome and appreciate your help. Thanks again! Hope this can help someone else.

3 of 7 (14 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 7:56:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am having the same issues with the Spike channel. I can watch live but cannot use the on demand- it wants me to add the channel to my package. I called CS ..they didn't know what to do. I started a thread on the I'D area here...but haven't found any answers yet. Frustrating...

I am having the same issues with the Spike channel. I can watch live but cannot use the on demand- it wants me to add the channel to my package. I called CS ..they didn't know what to do. I started a thread on the I'D area here...but haven't found any answers yet. Frustrating...

4 of 7 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 7:58:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

Oh!! Just read you might have a fix! TY!!!!

Oh!! Just read you might have a fix! TY!!!!

5 of 7 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:33:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am on the phone with DTV-- hopefully they will "understand" the above... and this will be a non event.. and finally a fix.   Smiley Happy

I am on the phone with DTV-- hopefully they will "understand" the above... and this will be a non event.. and finally a fix.   Smiley Happy

6 of 7 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 1:13:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

they wouldn't even acknowledge the above potential fix...     its been escalated to the "engineers"  if not fixed in a week....  I need to give them a call back.   (just keep trying to see if its been fixed)   that's awesome customer service.    another 45 mins on customer service.... for nothing.

they wouldn't even acknowledge the above potential fix...     its been escalated to the "engineers"  if not fixed in a week....  I need to give them a call back.   (just keep trying to see if its been fixed)   that's awesome customer service.    another 45 mins on customer service.... for nothing.

7 of 7 (14 Views)