Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 4, 2013
4:44:08 PM
View profile
On Demand listings not a list any more? How do I get the lists back order by season and episode, not all episode 1s, then, 2s, etc...

How do I get my on demand listings back to an ordered list, ie: S1:E1 vs the icons that are in order by episode # only, ie: all episode 1s from each season, then all 2, 3, and so on. It makes watching a season in order very hard to do.

How do I get my on demand listings back to an ordered list, ie: S1:E1 vs the icons that are in order by episode # only, ie: all episode 1s from each season, then all 2, 3, and so on. It makes watching a season in order very hard to do.

On Demand listings not a list any more? How do I get the lists back order by season and episode, not all episode 1s, then, 2s, etc...

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 6:38:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I Just switched to Direct & cannot understand the stupidity of how on demand episodes are listed.

I Just switched to Direct & cannot understand the stupidity of how on demand episodes are listed.

Re: On Demand listings not a list any more? How do I get the lists back order by season and episode, not all episode 1s, then, 2s, etc...

2 of 4 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 9:38:47 AM
(0)
Expert

Open your guide to channel 1000, then use the remote buttons to scroll through each On Demand channel (server).  Most have a very logical method of listing their series and the available episodes.

Open your guide to channel 1000, then use the remote buttons to scroll through each On Demand channel (server).  Most have a very logical method of listing their series and the available episodes.

Re: On Demand listings not a list any more? How do I get the lists back order by season and episode, not all episode 1s, then, 2s, etc...

3 of 4 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 10:48:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

dcd wrote:

Most have a very logical method of listing their series and the available episodes.

Unfortunately, some are really bad.  Encore 1535 is a prime example.  175 Gunsmoke episodes are listed by season episode number where it was once series episode number.  Instead of sorting four episode 3's by season, they are sorted by episode title without regard to season. You may have to open three of them to determine which one is in the season you want.  Fortunately the original air date is there, but it is not a sort key.  I complained directly to DTV when this illogical system first came out.

dcd wrote:

Most have a very logical method of listing their series and the available episodes.

Unfortunately, some are really bad.  Encore 1535 is a prime example.  175 Gunsmoke episodes are listed by season episode number where it was once series episode number.  Instead of sorting four episode 3's by season, they are sorted by episode title without regard to season. You may have to open three of them to determine which one is in the season you want.  Fortunately the original air date is there, but it is not a sort key.  I complained directly to DTV when this illogical system first came out.

4 of 4 (3 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments