Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 4, 2014
3:05:01 PM
View profile
On Demand issue--no access to the OD channel in your package?

I get Spike (241) but I cannot access Spike on Demand (1241) When I try to use the ONDemand channel It wants me to add this to my package... Every other OnDemand Channel works but this one.  I tried to call customer service and they took a look at the account... and had me reset the box... which then we couldnt do anything else since it takes the OD channels several hours to work after you reset the box.... does anyone else experiece something like this?  I dont really want to have to call back in and go thru all the BS.... Ugh!  its the only channel my BF wants to record.. and cant.  the DVR doesn't even work for this channel...  the normal channel (241)

I get Spike (241) but I cannot access Spike on Demand (1241) When I try to use the ONDemand channel It wants me to add this to my package... Every other OnDemand Channel works but this one.  I tried to call customer service and they took a look at the account... and had me reset the box... which then we couldnt do anything else since it takes the OD channels several hours to work after you reset the box.... does anyone else experiece something like this?  I dont really want to have to call back in and go thru all the BS.... Ugh!  its the only channel my BF wants to record.. and cant.  the DVR doesn't even work for this channel...  the normal channel (241)

On Demand issue--no access to the OD channel in your package?

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:11:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

keklues wrote:

the DVR doesn't even work for this channel...  the normal channel (241)

explain that

keklues wrote:

the DVR doesn't even work for this channel...  the normal channel (241)

explain that

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: On Demand issue--no access to the OD channel in your package?

2 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:31:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

we have a certain program set to record... on the LIVE channel -- and it will not record.  1000 ways to die is the program. Very weird....

we have a certain program set to record... on the LIVE channel -- and it will not record.  1000 ways to die is the program. Very weird....

3 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:35:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is the error message when you try to record that show?

What is the error message when you try to record that show?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:42:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

and it never records) when we try to watch the on demand, it says call customer service.

and it never records) when we try to watch the on demand, it says call customer service.

5 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 3:45:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

I meant to say... the show we want to record is on at 3:00 am... ish... so I have never seen what happens when it tries.. just know it hasn't recorded any episode yet... even tho we go in the settings and manually set this to record.  I just did this earlier when I noticed it did not record...  the only "live" episode is on in the middle of the night... LOL  go figure.    that's what started this in the first place...  trying to watch the ondemand... since it never wanted to record an episode.  we thought maybe there were conflicts...with the dvr.. and looking further... there is nothing else we are trying to record at 2:30, 3:00 and 3:30 am

I meant to say... the show we want to record is on at 3:00 am... ish... so I have never seen what happens when it tries.. just know it hasn't recorded any episode yet... even tho we go in the settings and manually set this to record.  I just did this earlier when I noticed it did not record...  the only "live" episode is on in the middle of the night... LOL  go figure.    that's what started this in the first place...  trying to watch the ondemand... since it never wanted to record an episode.  we thought maybe there were conflicts...with the dvr.. and looking further... there is nothing else we are trying to record at 2:30, 3:00 and 3:30 am

6 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 6:02:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

But can you watch this channel live?

But can you watch this channel live?

7 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 4:58:17 AM
(0)
Expert

On my system both 241 and 1241 are operating properly so the problem is within your system.

On my system both 241 and 1241 are operating properly so the problem is within your system.

8 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 5:06:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes...All day long

Yes...All day long

9 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2014 5:26:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

While viewing the channel Live, what happens if you press the remote's RECORD button?   Does the channel record?  Can you play back that recording?

While viewing the channel Live, what happens if you press the remote's RECORD button?   Does the channel record?  Can you play back that recording?

10 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 7:44:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

Just tried that now. Yes it records live and yes I could play it back. How weird is this?

Just tried that now. Yes it records live and yes I could play it back. How weird is this?

11 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 11:03:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very weird.  So, what happens if you schedule a recording on that channel?

Very weird.  So, what happens if you schedule a recording on that channel?

12 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:20:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

I found that worked yesterday as well...  on spike. 

I found that worked yesterday as well...  on spike. 

13 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:35:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

I found this in another thread....

dscott000 (to dscott000) 1 month ago

What the CSR said was that the DECA internet tv line item wasn't added to my account, which was a $0.00 feature. Easy fix once they knew what to look for. Thanks dcd! I mentioned your name tag to the CSR and he knew of you and your help. Said you guys are awesome and appreciate your help. Thanks again! Hope this can help someone else.

Correct Answer Reply

I found this in another thread....

dscott000 (to dscott000) 1 month ago

What the CSR said was that the DECA internet tv line item wasn't added to my account, which was a $0.00 feature. Easy fix once they knew what to look for. Thanks dcd! I mentioned your name tag to the CSR and he knew of you and your help. Said you guys are awesome and appreciate your help. Thanks again! Hope this can help someone else.

Correct Answer Reply

14 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 1:11:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

after 45 mins on the phone.. they have escalated it to the "engineers"  they never even acknowledged the above.... nice.  wait for it.... my "shocked" face.....:smileyshocked:  so it coul d be 72 hours to a week before anything happens... and  I just need to keep trying... the "engineers" do not get back with me OR the CSR.   if after a week its still not fixed... I just need to give them a call back...  where is the smiley with the gun to it's head.......  

after 45 mins on the phone.. they have escalated it to the "engineers"  they never even acknowledged the above.... nice.  wait for it.... my "shocked" face.....:smileyshocked:  so it coul d be 72 hours to a week before anything happens... and  I just need to keep trying... the "engineers" do not get back with me OR the CSR.   if after a week its still not fixed... I just need to give them a call back...  where is the smiley with the gun to it's head.......  

15 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 3:47:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately "escalation to the engineers" is usually a lazy CSR's way of getting you off the phone......

Unfortunately "escalation to the engineers" is usually a lazy CSR's way of getting you off the phone......

16 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 6:03:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yea... aint that the truth....:smileyshocked:  *BIG SHOCKER*  :smileyshocked:  it still isn't fixed. 

Yea... aint that the truth....:smileyshocked:  *BIG SHOCKER*  :smileyshocked:  it still isn't fixed. 

17 of 18 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 9:45:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

That's funny because I don't subscribe to Spike, but I have been able to record On Demand shows from Spike in the past.

Have you tried resetting the box? (Would assume so)

From the channel guide, click on the channel itself and press the Orange button.   Are you able to access Spike on Demand this way? Does that allow you to record from there?

Have you logged in to directv.com and attempted to record from there? Does the website say that the channel is out of your package?  Try recording from there.

That's funny because I don't subscribe to Spike, but I have been able to record On Demand shows from Spike in the past.

Have you tried resetting the box? (Would assume so)

From the channel guide, click on the channel itself and press the Orange button.   Are you able to access Spike on Demand this way? Does that allow you to record from there?

Have you logged in to directv.com and attempted to record from there? Does the website say that the channel is out of your package?  Try recording from there.

18 of 18 (7 Views)