Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Nov 2, 2012
12:48:10 PM
View profile
OK, stupid question..................

Does one have to have an HD DVR and HD service to be able to use the DirecTV Cinema connection kit?

Does one have to have an HD DVR and HD service to be able to use the DirecTV Cinema connection kit?

OK, stupid question..................

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 1:40:24 PM
(0)
Expert

Yes, none of the SD receivers or DVR's have any network or Internet connections or circuits.  The Internet capability was introduced a few months after the first HR20's were released, they were the first with an Ethernet connection.

Yes, none of the SD receivers or DVR's have any network or Internet connections or circuits.  The Internet capability was introduced a few months after the first HR20's were released, they were the first with an Ethernet connection.

Re: OK, stupid question..................

2 of 3 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 2:04:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

An HDDVR is a must as dcd explained.  HD service is a must as well unless you live in the few MPEG4 markets that gets HD equipment by default and you don't want to subscribe to the HD programming.

I am a DirecTV installer.  I post on these forums as a volunteer and as such, my views, comments, and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV 

An HDDVR is a must as dcd explained.  HD service is a must as well unless you live in the few MPEG4 markets that gets HD equipment by default and you don't want to subscribe to the HD programming.

I am a DirecTV installer.  I post on these forums as a volunteer and as such, my views, comments, and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: OK, stupid question..................

3 of 3 (1 View)