Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 21, 2013
6:09:10 PM
Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2013 6:11:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sure, is normal.  I guess you skipped the page where it says it takes 24 hours for this stuff to become available after you are connected to the net

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 21, 2013 6:11:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sure, is normal.  I guess you skipped the page where it says it takes 24 hours for this stuff to become available after you are connected to the net

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

2 of 8 (5 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:36:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Didn't see that...my IP address was wrong on receiver reading and tech

person told me it would work immediately. Guess they missed that page too.

Thanks for the help!

Didn't see that...my IP address was wrong on receiver reading and tech

person told me it would work immediately. Guess they missed that page too.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

3 of 8 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:40:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, right after you get connected, there is a congratulations page that says that it would take 24 hours for VOD to be available. 

just to make sure,

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

No, right after you get connected, there is a congratulations page that says that it would take 24 hours for VOD to be available. 

just to make sure,

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working.  Is this normal?

4 of 8 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:46:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

It does say connected. I'll wait patiently...thanks again.

It does say connected. I'll wait patiently...thanks again.

Re: Just got my receiver connected to the internet properly today via ethernet cable, and my On Demand is not working. Is this normal?

5 of 8 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 8:05:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome. 

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

Awesome. 

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

6 of 8 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 8:07:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can I do that from my phone email?

Can I do that from my phone email?

7 of 8 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 6:10:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not sure, you might have to do it on the forums itself.   Thanks

Not sure, you might have to do it on the forums itself.   Thanks

8 of 8 (5 Views)