Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 28, 2013
12:38:24 PM
View profile
Direct TV Cinema Connection Kit

My connection kit works fine allowing me access to "On Demand" programming between my internet connection and my TV receiver.  The connection kit receiver always runs EXTREMELY HOT!!   It's to the point that I am concerned with potential fire.  Is this a common occurance?  Is there an upgrade available for this connection kit perhaps with a cooling fan?

My connection kit works fine allowing me access to "On Demand" programming between my internet connection and my TV receiver.  The connection kit receiver always runs EXTREMELY HOT!!   It's to the point that I am concerned with potential fire.  Is this a common occurance?  Is there an upgrade available for this connection kit perhaps with a cooling fan?

Direct TV Cinema Connection Kit

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 1:09:50 PM
(0)
Professor

Yes they are known to run hot but not hot enough to start a fire or DTV would have a major lawsuit on its hands.

Yes they are known to run hot but not hot enough to start a fire or DTV would have a major lawsuit on its hands.

Re: Direct TV Cinema Connection Kit

2 of 5 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 3:59:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes it common for the fitting attached to the power supply to run hot to the touch.  no need to worry

Yes it common for the fitting attached to the power supply to run hot to the touch.  no need to worry

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 9:24:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you!

Thank you!

4 of 5 (10 Views)