Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2013
4:36:26 PM
View profile
Cannot watch my movie error #1100

I continuously get this error when trying to watch a movie that i purchased. It says to try back later. I have been trying to watch this movie for the last 3 hours and have only gotten 30 minutes into it at 1-3 minute intervals before it errors out and i have to restart it. My internet has stayed connected and only have 1 device running on it. I is a fast connection. I do not see this as my problem because i did not have any buffering symptoms or issues. DirectTV just stops playing the movie and it says to try again later. This is not the sort of service that i pay for.

I continuously get this error when trying to watch a movie that i purchased. It says to try back later. I have been trying to watch this movie for the last 3 hours and have only gotten 30 minutes into it at 1-3 minute intervals before it errors out and i have to restart it. My internet has stayed connected and only have 1 device running on it. I is a fast connection. I do not see this as my problem because i did not have any buffering symptoms or issues. DirectTV just stops playing the movie and it says to try again later. This is not the sort of service that i pay for.

Cannot watch my movie error #1100

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 7:41:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How is your receiver connected to the internet?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

post back with your download speed

How is your receiver connected to the internet?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

post back with your download speed

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cannot watch my movie error #1100

2 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 8:21:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem. I have a lap top that is using wifi to connect to my internet. I have not even watched any of my movie. It loads to 85% and then stops working. There seems to be a problem with the streaming. The message says streaming is unavailable, try again later. Error #1100.

I am not sure what needs to be done so I can watch my movie.

I am having the exact same problem. I have a lap top that is using wifi to connect to my internet. I have not even watched any of my movie. It loads to 85% and then stops working. There seems to be a problem with the streaming. The message says streaming is unavailable, try again later. Error #1100.

I am not sure what needs to be done so I can watch my movie.

3 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 8:27:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Using laptop so receiver doesn't matter. per speedtest.net i have 31.54 mbps download. more than enough. I have watched movies like this before without any issue.

Using laptop so receiver doesn't matter. per speedtest.net i have 31.54 mbps download. more than enough. I have watched movies like this before without any issue.

4 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:57:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

error 85 deals with your PC firewall.  turn it off

error 85 deals with your PC firewall.  turn it off

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:58:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Then  perhaps this particular movie has issues....

Then  perhaps this particular movie has issues....

6 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 8:05:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

same exact problem here. freezes at 85% then the error #1100 message pops up... brand new version of the player

firewall on or off

We shouldnt need to make our computers less secure to band-aid a poorly made player software

same exact problem here. freezes at 85% then the error #1100 message pops up... brand new version of the player

firewall on or off

We shouldnt need to make our computers less secure to band-aid a poorly made player software

7 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 2:00:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had the same problem.  Now I get past the 85% download Error #1100... but it stops at 100% authorizing and the show never plays.  My Diretv app on my smart phone isn't working anymore either.  Very frustrated.  Called tech support but they couldn't help and seemed to have no clue about an issue it seems many of us are having.  They told me that they had to escalate the issue to the engineers.  I wonder why no one has answered this post with a resolution?

I had the same problem.  Now I get past the 85% download Error #1100... but it stops at 100% authorizing and the show never plays.  My Diretv app on my smart phone isn't working anymore either.  Very frustrated.  Called tech support but they couldn't help and seemed to have no clue about an issue it seems many of us are having.  They told me that they had to escalate the issue to the engineers.  I wonder why no one has answered this post with a resolution?

8 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 8:11:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

If anyone happens to stop bye here and want to know if there was ever a resolution, the answer is NO! I paid for my movie and was never able to view it. No Direct TV representative ever contacted me and they still charged me for the movie. We have not had any of the same issue since. Godd luck to the rest of you!

If anyone happens to stop bye here and want to know if there was ever a resolution, the answer is NO! I paid for my movie and was never able to view it. No Direct TV representative ever contacted me and they still charged me for the movie. We have not had any of the same issue since. Godd luck to the rest of you!

9 of 10 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 8:38:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're responding to a pretty old thread.  But typically DirecTV will reimburse the cost for pay-per-view movies that you're unable to watch due to technical issues.   Perhaps you need to escalate your issue if you call again.

You're responding to a pretty old thread.  But typically DirecTV will reimburse the cost for pay-per-view movies that you're unable to watch due to technical issues.   Perhaps you need to escalate your issue if you call again.

10 of 10 (19 Views)