Explore & discover

Helpful Links

program listed on guide does not match whats on that channel,

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Highlighted

program listed on guide does not match whats on that channel,

The guide on Directv Now has incorrect program info, if i go to the weather channel ,it may have a basketball game listed,but when i click on it,the weather channel is actually there, if i run all 125 channels thru the guide, about every 5th or 6th channel will show same program, i click back 1 time, then click to the channel and the info then changes to the correct info, i have 3 tvs, and 3 new roku units, problem started about a month ago, but is getting worse, i have sling,hulu,pluto,and roku all streaming and the guides are all correct , only Directv now, shows wrong info,as an example, i was watching The curse of Oak Island on History last evening, i cut bring up guide and go to FXHD, it would say on guide Curse of Oak Island, click down 2 times, then click back up, and FXHD would have correct program info, or if you know for sure what program ,is on what channel,no matter what the guide says, go to that channel and click on it, even though it showed wrong info in guide, the correct program will be there. Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 22
Tutor

Re: program listed on guide does not match whats on that channel,

Going through the same thing and it's only on direct tv now. Struggling to load yet no other streaming issues with other platforms. Again only direct TV now. Extremely frustrating!

Message 2 of 22
Tutor

I am having difficulty too. The guide sometimes will not load at all and my channels were locked and I could not change channel. I rebooted the app multiple times and also rebooted my TV (my TV is NOT the problem). After watching other apps for a while I went back to DTVN and it started changing channels again but was buffering like crazy. Am I not surprised that tech support hasn't addressed the problem here yet? Not in the least. It is getting time to drop these clowns...again. Oh yes, the volume is terrible. I have a 5.1 surround system and have to turn it all the way to max to hear at a normal level. The TV on antenna setting works just fine and can blast very loudly as well as all other apps loaded on my set. It is just DTVN giving me problems and always has.

Message 3 of 22
ACE - Professor

What device(s) are you all using?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 22
ACE - Master

DTVN does not support 5.1 audio, though they do seem to have been experimenting with it a bit.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 22
Tutor

As stated in my comment, a television. 4K smart tv about 8 months old.
I had the same problem from Derect TV when I had an older tv. Your app is
flawed.
Message 6 of 22

it wasn't audio i was having trouble with, it was if you clicked thru all
125 channels, the guide would show ball game on the weather channel, the
history channel may have Oak Island on and if you scrolled thru the entire
guide, it would show Oak Island on a dozen different channels, i left
history went 5 channels down on guide to FXHD, guide showed Oak Island,
clicked on it ,was cartoons, went on down to Destination America, showed
Oak Island, clicked on it, was Josh Gates, went on down to AXS, showed Oak
Island, clicked on it, was Sheryl Crow concert, went to UP network, showed
Oak Island , clicked on it , Whose Line Is IT ? was on, that's just 1 day ,
1 program i watch, it's been so screwy you didn't know what was on by the
guide, and there's 45 blogs that DTVN down a software update on
Thanksgiving weekend, if so that's the reason the last 5 minutes of the NFL
Championship game suddenly disappeared, a little circle started spinning,
and the game wouldn't reload and i didn't even get to watch what happen to
put it in overtime and i missed the winning kick by the RAMS to win and go
to the super bowl.
Message 7 of 22

the roku units that ATT was offering as a promotion to get you to sign up
on DTVN,you could get a $49 free remote or HBO,CINAMAX,i chose the remote,
bought 2 more at Wal-mart, lost programming everyday the first 3 weeks, i
would have to sign in and put password , go to chat and have them reset it
in their network, finally spent 2days !!hours working with tech support,
they came to the conclusion that all my remotes were the wrong model, so
off to WAL-mart, had to buy 3 more to get the remotes that Tech support
suggest i need, $160 with taxes, got home logged in, next day same problem,
called tech support to tell them to fix their frigging problem or i was
going to satellite DISH NETWORK,after a couple of days they called to say
they found the problem in their network, Now it's the guide, i called the
chat line and worked 2 hours with rep changing this and that, nothing
helped, she handed me off to tech support,heavy Jamacian accent tech,
wanted me to work with him, i refused, told him to fix their network that i
had changed router tried 2 different type roku units, done speed test, had
78 mg with light to the house on fiber,and i had removed the app and
re-installed it, changed user id, changed password, but he wanted me to try
it again, told him i worked 35 years for ATT, worked on cell sites, and
high speed data, and made $35 dollars an hour and that's what it was gonna
cost them if i test with them, he said he couldn't authorize it, advised
him i worked on Uverse at peoples residence when it first came along, ATT
always wanted me to tell the customer it was their problem that the network
was ok, i refused to lie to the customers and stayed in hot water with
manager for not lying, but 2 days later after the customers had paid a
computer tech to verify their equipment,paying them sometimes $200, the
customer would call trouble report back in, i would go back and have to
advise customer they lived in an area where Uverse wouldn't work due to
distant from office or remote. All that said, they rolled out Uverse before
it was perfected, and now they got in a big hurry to get in on the action
of streaming media and don't have enough equipment and knowledge to steam
madia correctly
Message 8 of 22
Tutor

Yes I have that problem too. I have many problems with the app.
Message 9 of 22
Tutor

SKYDAVE, only problem with app, ATT rolled out DTVN before it was ready, the same thing they done on U verse, i worked as a tech for 31 years as digital tech, the people sold U verse to people that were too far from office or remote for U verse to work proper, then keep me working on it for 2 days trying to make it work, i would take measurements showing length of cable too long for it to work, finally the sales department would accept my findings and advise customer they were out of range for U verse (24mg) and they would have to settle for DSL (6mg), ATT didn't have a fiber network they were using 1950s technology, sending on 1 cable pair, and recieving on 2nd cable pair , but it was on a cable that lightning, rodents, (squirrels,mice,rats, and water) had taken its toll on, ATTS cable was designed to last 30 years , but most large cities had cable in manholes that had been in ground 50 years, and rural areas without fiber ,most copper cable was placed in the late 60s, so same problem, trying to use a 60 year old technology on a 60 year old cable, then tell the customer, that they couldn't figure out why U verse wouldn't work. Now they rolled out DTVN at a price below most other streaming networks (more channels with locals)than other services, they over sold , to get in on the money ,but don't have the network large enogh to carry the volume of customers. Talked to 1 of Directv satellite techs. he said ATT was on a push to get people off satellite, to get rid of cost of techs and trucks out in the field, thats the big push to get you on DTVN, its still about the all MIGHTY $

Message 10 of 22
ACE - Expert

I would like to point out that at least some of the technical aspects stated by DTVNSUX are inaccurate (e.g. that pairs would be dedicated for one direction of traffic or the other).  Some of his assertions are quite true. 

Message 11 of 22
Tutor

My email says to mark reply as fixed, h*ll no its not fixed, last night spent 2 hours trying to get NBC to come on DVTN, i finally download NBC app by itself, it came in just fine, i still get locked on DVTN guide, and can't get anything to work, i can rest roku, try to go home, get options to change, nothing, just stuck on guide unable to do anything

Message 12 of 22
ACE - Master

True. I believe he was referring to "bonded" DSL service, which uses two pairs, but both pairs are used in both directions. I have such service, they promised me "better than 20 mbps" but I regularly get 42 mbps. You need a load balancing modem to do this, but it works well.

Yes, a lot of infrastructure is in bad condition, but terminal equipment keeps improving and can deal with bad line conditions better than in the past.

Message 13 of 22
Tutor

no dsl uses 1 cable pr to transmit and recieve, Uverse uses = 2 seperate
pairs,1 pr to transmit,and 1 pair to recieve
Message 14 of 22
ACE - Master

Bonded DSL uses 2 or more pairs:

https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/adsl-bonding

Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Additional Support