Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Xfinity data cap

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Contributor

Xfinity data cap

We switched to DirectvNow from the satellite service to save money. Our first internet provider was too slow for exclusive streaming, and switched to Xfinity, which, unbeknownst to me, has a data cap of one terabyte per month. For the month of Feb, we have already exceeded their cap and would be paying extra were it not for their 2 freebies. We now go to the home screen on all of the streaming devices but don’t seem to be knocking it down by much. I’m home all day and usually have the tv on. Any suggestions (outside of going back to the satellite on the main tv)?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Xfinity data cap

Of all the streaming services DTVN is the most data intensive. There is no way to reduce the stream rate. You will either have to reduce your streaming (or number of devices), pay for additional data, or seek another provider. Not much options more then that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Professor

Re: Xfinity data cap

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support