Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why when viewing guide you have now turned off the volume and then to back out it buffers again

Highlighted
Contributor

Why when viewing guide you have now turned off the volume and then to back out it buffers again

Why when viewing guide you have now turned off the volume and then to back out it buffers again the channel you are watching. Also SCI channel whe signing on under Roku does not have Direct TV Now as a provider.

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert

Re: Why when viewing guide you have now turned off the volume and then to back out it buffers again

Mine doesn't. I have sound and video in the background of the guide.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17

Re: Why when viewing guide you have now turned off the volume and then to back out it buffers again

Mine doesnt do that either unless their referring to a roku device. 

Message 3 of 17
ACE - Expert

Roku is fine here. Also fire stick and fire tv working.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
Guru

This appears to be happening on some of the newer Roku sticks. What device do you have?

On the SciFy app there should be a place to list more providers and DTVN should be there.

Message 5 of 17

My roku express doesnt have sound when i go to the guide but all other devices are fine. 

Message 6 of 17
ACE - Expert

Just check using the express. Same issues as you. Sounds and video stops. Assumption is the low horsepower of the unit with the new app. I rarely use the express anyways - just a backup unit.

Message 7 of 17

Same here. I only pull it out when i want to test and verify issues others are having with their roku devices. Ill need to check my daughters roku tv and see if it has the same issues as the express. 

Message 8 of 17
ACE - Expert

The express is the only model that I have seen the issue. I have a older TCL Roku that all works - slow but all seems to function.

Message 9 of 17
Guru

I posted the following in another thread referencing this problem as follows:

It's a problem with one of my Roku streaming sticks... actually the one DTVN sent me. My 2016 stick continues to play the video when I bring up the guide. It has nothing to do with "horsepower" of the device. It's the app.

The beta app on my newer stick did not exibit this behavior until a couple weeks before it was released. DTVN needs to fix it and yes it's very annoying.

Message 10 of 17

The roku express is a low end product by roku and compared to the 2016 stick the express does lack in speed and performance so i would agree with bcbsncjlj that it has to be hardware not the app because the same app is being used on other roku boxes and tv’s and it seems to be fine on them. I think DirecTV now just needs to remove the app from certain devices like they did with the 1st gen fire tv devices. I know it will make a lot of people mad but thats nothing new since they’re mad right now. 

Message 11 of 17
Guru

The only way to verify would be for someone to chime in here who was testing the beta on a Roku Express.

It's happening on my Roku 2017 streaming stick (3800RT) and not on my 2016 Roku stick (3600RW) And as I posted my 3800RT did not exibit this behavior until a couple weeks before it was released. This is why I believe it's a problem with the app.

Message 12 of 17
ACE - Expert

Obviously there are issues with the new app that is why there is so many posts of issues. Everyone is mentioning "...since the new app". Many are not having the problems - they are the ones not posting in this forum. Since DTVN will not share any communications we are all speculating on the solutions. I agree the app has problems but with most enhanced new releases hardware is always a performance concern.

Message 13 of 17

Ding, ding, ding (I chimed). I was beta testing the app on all of the devices but my only roku device are the express+ and insignia roku tv. Those devices were unwatchable for me and my family on both directv now apps. While others say they had no issues with their devices so they say I’m just letting you know my experience with my devices. I have comcast internet and pushing over 120mbps wirelessly with about 25 wireless devices connected to my network and roku is the only devices that has the issues. 

Message 14 of 17
ACE - Master

"with about 25 wireless devices connected to my network"

I'd guess that may have something to do with your problem. If you have multiple devices using up bandwidth, problems will appear first with the unit demanding the most. This does not mean the Roku is the problem, just that it's the first to show symptoms if you start to saturate, or your router starts to get overloaded.

Not saying that's your problem, but it's sure the first place I would look for trouble.

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support