Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unable to download att direct now app to my iPad 3. App says operating system must be 10 and iPad 3

Contributor

Unable to download att direct now app to my iPad 3. App says operating system must be 10 and iPad 3

Direct att now app says operating sys must be 10 or higher.  I have iPad 3 and highest system is 9 so I can't download or watch from my iPad.  Is there another app I can download so I can use my iPad?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Unable to download att direct now app to my iPad 3. App says operating system must be 10 and iP

That is correct. You need to upgrade your device. No other app is available.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: Unable to download att direct now app to my iPad 3. App says operating system must be 10 and iP

So, I can't watch direct now from my iPad 3 iOS 9.3.5. Do you plan to revise the current app so people with older devices can use direct now? If I can't use my iPad there is no reason for me to subscribe to the service. Can't see buying a new iPad to be able to pay for this service. Thanks
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Nope. You need to upgrade. Just another subscriber here. They have no plans to support older models and iOS.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

Welcome to Apple.

Even if DTVN did come up with an app that would run on older hardware Apple would probably not allow it to be distributed.

Planned obsolescence is the Apple way. They burned me going from 68K to PPC, and again when they went to Intel CPUs.

I have learned my lesson.

I have 30-year-old PCs that are still usable, but my old Macs gather dust.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support