Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Some channels suddenly not available for recording

Highlighted
Contributor

Some channels suddenly not available for recording

Starting in the last day or two, my directtv now app will not let me record shows on certain networks like msnbc.  I can watch the show currently playing but i cannot record it.  Also when i go to future shows to set a recording i am told that the show is “unavailable.” I get code 40006-004.  I have forced quite the app and shut down i pad.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Nothing so,far has helped. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Some channels suddenly not available for recording

Not saying it isn't a problem, it is, but...

The MSNBC app should authenticate with DTVN credentials:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222524?isreauth=true&gsi=yZZYwiMG

That might obviate your need to record at least some of the MSNBC programs.

Only a workaround of course, but it's an option that's there.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I get exactly the same message for that network.  It happens for most shows on that network - but some do record. Haven’t seen it on other networks. Somebody at the hub has a political bias?

Just started this week for me as well. 

I’m in Atlanta on an AppleTV 4 if that helps. 

Message 3 of 4
Mentor

Update: this seems to be fixed!  It works now on fire tv and appleTV ...Thank you

—————

I spent over an hour “chatting” about this and they supposedly escalated ... but no fix yet.  It happens in appleTV iPhone, and iPad . I was able to record Nancy Pelosi town hall and one episode of kasieDC but no other msnbc programming. Refreshing account, reinstalling app, etc did not work.  First I thought it was a licensing issue ...maybe they’re  pushing podcasts? But now it appears to be a technical glitch. Cannot record msnbc but other nbc -affiliated content on their sister channels does record.  The directvnow guide for future schedules recordings gives error 40006-004  , which isn’t even listed in the error codes. If trying to record while the show is on air , it changes to “there is a recording problem” —   Fix this, please!  

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to fix DIRECTV NOW Errors. View DIRECTV NOW Troubleshooting!
Additional Support