Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Some channels not loading on Chrome.

Some channels not loading on Chrome.

The blue "loading" line will extend all the way, hang for a few second, and then I receive error code 10007-003.  This happens on BET, Comedy Central, FX, TNT, TBS, and maybe a few others.  The stream on my Firestick and IPad are fine.  I have reinstalled Chrome, tested regular and incognito modes, cleared my cache and history (all browser settings), made sure my computer clock was accurate (windows.time, and  time.nist.gov), changed time zones, and restarted my router.  Nothing fixes the problem.   

Message 1 of 25
ACE - Expert

Re: Some channels not loading on Chrome.

Are you using WiFi? Can you test with a ethernet connection? Maybe even try at another location?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 25

I am using Wifi, and the connection is 91% at 300Mbps on a 5Ghz band.  I tested the stream on a 2Ghz band, and received the same result.  Unfortunately, I am unable to test with an ethernet connection.  For several months the Wifi setup has been fine for streaming; the issue is something new over the past week or two.   

Message 3 of 25
ACE - Expert

Well for what it's worth, I am traveling and in a hotel with 5 Mbps down and 2 up. Everything is fine here. Download speed is only important to a point. Would be nice to see what an ethernet or another location might show.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 25

Sure I understand.  I moved my computer, connected it directly to my modem through ethernet, and restarted the modem.  Same issue unfortunately. 

Message 5 of 25
ACE - Expert

What happens if you run the program in incognito mode? 

Message 6 of 25

Same issue.  I only run it in incognito mode, and I clear all my browser data before I login.

Message 7 of 25
ACE - Expert

You have a VPN loaded? We both run the same URL. So it should work. Since your TV's are OK it seems it would not be your content delivery. The difference is only with your PC. 

Message 8 of 25

No VPN.  I'll play around with my network and adapters, but is there a way DirecTV can reset my stream on their end?  I tried to use the chat function, and followed the instructions about allowing pop-ups, but couldn't get it to load.  

Message 9 of 25
ACE - Expert

Yes they can do an account reset. Not sure why that would help since your other devices work fine. Chat is up. Go to https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/directv-now

Message 10 of 25

I can't use chat unfortunately; it's why I had to come to the forum.  All I see is this:

Prefer to chat?

We’ll start by asking you a few questions.

Every day, 7 a.m. - 1 a.m. ET

Even when I follow the "allow pop-ups" instructions.  I guess I'm done for the day.  Thank you for the assistance.

Message 11 of 25
ACE - Expert

Select sign in and password support. Then continue to support. To chat with a live rep just type something like support or help. etc.

Message 12 of 25
ACE - Expert

If you are not seeing the chat then you have some extension or programs that is preventing you from getting the chat.

Message 13 of 25
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Chat_06242019.JPG

Message 14 of 25
Guru

The good news is that your problem is with a computer and the Chrome browser. I'll assume you are using a PC or laptop. I've never used a Mac, but regardless, your problem will eventually be solved, or else DTVNOW would have to close down and move into another business. 

With a computer, quite often a simple reboot, or running malware and virus scans can help to repair problems. There are all sorts of things that can make our computers behave differently than what we would expect.

However, the fact that you are having problems with only some channels (that I'm not having problems with), this shouldn't be that difficult to solve. I'm tempted to say that if you don't get it to work, I'll eat my shoe, but since I like the way it looks, and don't want to buy another one, I'm just going to say that when you solve the problem, the universe will be whole again. Heart

Step 1: Mr obvious says to check that your running the current version of Chrome like I am (Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), but 32 bit is obviously fine). However, since you get some of the channels to stream, I don't see how that has anything to do with your issue, but I'm just mentioning it to be thorough.

Step 2: If this step doesn't solve the problem, I will be very disappointed and might even lose hope. I haven't had to clear my cache or history in ages (I'm sure I've done it, but not to get problematic DTVNOW channels to stream), but when it comes to COOKIES, that indeed makes DTVNOW crumble.

I'm using Windows 7, but I assume it's similar with other versions ... Simply click the lock icon from the Chrome browser window (far left side) and then click Site Settings from the drop-down menu. At the top of the next menu, you'll see Usage, some number of cookies mentioned, and then to the right, you should see a box with the words Clear Data inside. Click inside that box and then your problem will hopefully be solved. You'll need to perhaps refresh your DTVNOW page, or simply change the channel via the arrows on the DTVNOW screen, or use the guide to select TNT, etc., and then watch it play. If it's still loading, leave it alone and wait a bit to see if it eventually loads. If there's a black screen change the channel again or refresh the page and that should help you.

Obviously there might be something else that needs to be fixed, but since you have already done so many other things, I'm banking on the cookie fix as being the best first step to try. After that, stay away from incognito mode, and run DTVNOW in the regular Chrome mode and see if that works first... you may need to clear the site cookies again, and perhaps do some refreshing, or perhaps even an account logout (as your number of current streams counter might be getting screwed up) to help set things back in motion.

Fingers crossed that my shoe is safe from being digested, but if you still can't stream the channels that are giving you problems, just shut your computer off, and try the cookie fix again. Come back to report on the results, and if I can't find my shoe, I won't be able to eat it. Smiley Wink

#Cookie Monster

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support